Home

TheSinner.net

students from the states

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

students from the states

Postby prospectiveme on Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:36 am

i'm definitely not one of those ridiculous americans who want to impose all their shit upon the scots; i'd really like to do quite the contrary! after all, that is the reason i will most likely choose this school: because is it NOT america. it's beautiful and lovely and and and i know this all without even having been there. alas i don't have the $$ to visit. in any event, what are the best ways to meet chill people in st. andrews...the people are chill here?[img]littleicons/wink.gif[/img]
prospectiveme

Re:

Postby househunter on Fri May 18, 2007 2:59 pm

What?
househunter

Re:

Postby Idealist on Sat May 19, 2007 9:15 am

Man, I wish that we had SATs...none of this Higher/A-Level nonsense where you have to be able to write coherently to be able to get into university.

[hr]

[s]"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"[/s]
[s]"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"[/s]
Idealist

Re:

Postby UanarchyK on Sat May 19, 2007 3:51 pm

For Idealist's information, SATs don't count heavily toward any good American uni's acceptance. It's typically the last few years' worth of school grades in conjunction with Advanced Placement and SATII tests that determine acceptance. APs and SATIIs are often far more challenging and comprehensive than the British equivalents. Besides, who needs to write coherently? He might be a maths student!

As to what I believe was the question posed -- People here are very chill. Well, as long as they aren't American.
UanarchyK

Re:

Postby [James] on Sat May 19, 2007 5:05 pm

Please use this so we know what the hell it is you're trying to say:
http://english2american.com/
[James]

Re:

Postby David Bean on Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:40 pm

Just go to the beach in November. Anyone else there is bound to be chill(ed).

[hr]

Psalm 91:7
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Return to New Students! First Years!