Home

TheSinner.net

best location?

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

best location?

Postby Student88 on Tue May 01, 2007 5:03 pm

Hey everyone! I will begin studying at St. Andrew's this year. I will be studying Philosophy and Social Anthropology, and am trying to decide on a Hall of preference. How important is choosing a hall based on location? Are there any halls that would be ideally located in relation to the departments I will be visiting? Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!
Student88

Re:

Postby Idealist on Tue May 08, 2007 8:56 am

Well in real life, the distance of furthest away hall from the town centre (20mins walk) in St Andrews would be seen as a reasonable distance in any other university city. But this is St Andrews, and things here are on a unique scale!

For Soc A, any of the central halls such as Sally's or Macintosh would make sure that you got to class within about one minute of leaving your room. However, none of the catered halls are any further than 5 - 10 minutes walk away from the quad (where most of your classes will be).

So unless you really, really don't like walking I wouldn't worry about location too much!

[hr]

[s]"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"[/s]
[s]"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"[/s]
Idealist

Return to New Students! First Years!