Home

TheSinner.net

john burnet annexe

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

john burnet annexe

Postby Guest on Tue May 01, 2007 5:04 pm

is the john burnet annexe as beauitul as the hall?

there are only 36 rooms; are the people involved/sociable with eachother/the others in the main hall?

perhaps it is not common for a 1st year to live there...?

Re:

Postby CheeseDaddy on Tue May 08, 2007 8:45 pm

Quoting from 17:15, 17th Apr 2007
is the john burnet annexe as beauitul as the hall?

there are only 36 rooms; are the people involved/sociable with eachother/the others in the main hall?

perhaps it is not common for a 1st year to live there...?

Hi,
Having been a resident of JBH for a couple of years I would like to think Im in a fairly good position to answer your questions!

The annexe itself isnt as beautiful as the hall is as its a fairly recent building. Whilst there are only 36 rooms most people tend to spend the bulk of their time in the main building and annexe and main hall residents mix freely, I cant say Ive ever noticed any divisions! The only thing about the annexe is that it is easier to be a loner, however with a bit of effort you should have no probelms fitting in.

Its perfectly common for first years to live there, the mix in the annexe tends to be fairly similar to that in the main building.

All the best and congrats on being put in the best and most sociable hall in the university!
CheeseDaddy

Re:

Postby carameldelight on Sat May 12, 2007 11:08 pm

Hey! Hey! As before..well done for getting into JOhn Burnet. The annexe isnt as beautiful as main hall, but it is still nice...own bathroom which can be good. And members of the annexe are as just as sociable as they want to be, as any member of main hall. Both the annexe and main hall are great fun though![img]littleicons/grin.gif[/img]
carameldelight

Re:

Postby carameldelight on Sat May 12, 2007 11:10 pm

Read above as if you wanna be sociable then you can be, but if you dont want to be then you dont have to be! Living in the main hall, a lot of my friends are in the annexe...and even though I lived in the annexe before, I was still sociable :)
carameldelight

Atholl Annex

Postby Jos Dad on Mon May 14, 2007 11:50 am

One point noone has made is that it is not as if the Annex is across town or anything. I would guessthat the furthest bedroom in the annex is no further from the main hall front door than the most distant room in the hall itself.
From the Glory of High fell, unto the despair of life.
Jos Dad

Return to New Students! First Years!