Home

TheSinner.net

Questions from a new postgrad

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Questions from a new postgrad

Postby Jojo on Mon May 14, 2007 1:36 pm

Hi,I'll probably be coming to St Andrews in September for an MLitt in Marketing. Just have a few questions, so any help would be useful.

Is DRA the only en suite residence for postgrads? Do postgrads and undergraduates live together or are the appartments postgrad or undergraduate only?

Does anyone know whether the boxing society still has training sessions? Do they train at competition level? I tried their homepage but it's out of date.

Thanks a lot for the info.
Jojo

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Mon May 14, 2007 1:41 pm

New Hall has ensuite facilities and is open to undergrads and post-grads alike. I can't speak for the other halls, but in this one post-grads and older students tend to get put together, but there is no set segregation.

Boxing meet (well, met this year, and I assume so next year) twice a week in the evening. I'd say the make up is about 70% fitness motivated and 30% competition motivated, with some people going on to a few regional competitions. All are welcome really, and it's good fun.

[hr]

The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby Mac2 on Mon May 14, 2007 2:06 pm

New Hall is now an undergraduate only hall.
Mac2

Re:

Postby starsandsparkles on Mon May 14, 2007 4:09 pm

Quoting Jojo from 12:35, 14th May 2007
Hi,I'll probably be coming to St Andrews in September for an MLitt in Marketing. Just have a few questions, so any help would be useful.

Is DRA the only en suite residence for postgrads? Do postgrads and undergraduates live together or are the appartments postgrad or undergraduate only?

In DRA at the moment there seems to be a whole block of just postgraduates. I don't know any undergraduates who have a postgraduate in their flat either.
starsandsparkles

Re:

Postby starsandsparkles on Mon May 14, 2007 4:09 pm

Quoting Jojo from 12:35, 14th May 2007

In DRA at the moment there seems to be a whole block of just postgraduates. I don't know any undergraduates who have a postgraduate in their flat either.
starsandsparkles

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Mon May 14, 2007 4:41 pm

Quoting Mac2 from 15:06, 14th May 2007
New Hall is now an undergraduate only hall.

Wow really? How boring.

[hr]

DrAlex

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu May 17, 2007 11:50 pm

Quoting starsandsparkles from 17:09, 14th May 2007

More than one--Fraser and Herkless are postgrad blocks.

Re:

Postby Jojo on Thu May 17, 2007 11:53 pm

Thanks a lot guys. Especially about boxing. Sorry for the double post in the postgraduate mb.
Jojo

Re:

Postby AuZ on Fri May 18, 2007 12:24 am

If you are a post grad, apply for a warden position... It is an easy job and appears to be easy money as well. One of the wardens got himself a nice wee Mercedes.
AuZ

Return to New Students! First Years!