Home

TheSinner.net

So Who Else Got Their Offers Of Accommodation Through?

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

So Who Else Got Their Offers Of Accommodation Through?

Postby Sean on Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:50 pm

Yup guys, the thing that I've been anticipating for the last two months has happened - my offer of accommodation has finally come through.

I'll be living in McIntosh Halls for the first year, something I'm pretty pleased with. I know someone right now who lived there in his first year and he says its one of the best halls in St Andrews. So I have a big grin on my face right now.

Who else got their offers through? Where will you be staying? Do tell.
Sean

Re:

Postby Das Feuer liebt mich on Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:54 pm

well done! i stayed in mcintosh last year and the hall spirit is amazing. just hope that the 'serial shitter' isn't back or it might not be so pleasant for you

[hr]

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
Das Feuer liebt mich

Welcome to Chattan!

Postby ludy on Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:47 pm

Hi Sean,

My name's Lucy and I'm the senior student in McIntosh next year, just wanted to congratulate you as the first fresher to find the Sinner, remind me to buy you a pint when you get here!

In the meantime there's a thread on the McIntosh board Residences/mcintosh , where our current residents lurk, if you have any questions.

--Lucy
ludy

Re:

Postby Rach on Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:27 pm

Hi!
I'm Rachel, I've just been put in McIntosh as well. C floor. V. excited! What's it like?
Rach

Re:

Postby Faith on Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:27 pm

Hey guys

Got my accomodation through. Im going to be in St Salvadors. So hi everyone.
xxx
Faith

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:54 pm

The "serial shitter"?

Re:

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:11 pm

Quoting from 12:29, 31st Jul 2007
The "serial shitter"?

You do not want to know.

[hr]

http://www.charities-campaign.org.uk
You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a containership full of tanks. Piracy is a crime, do not accept it.
Bizarre Atheist

Hmm...

Postby Sean on Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:06 pm

My curiosity has piqued...
Sean

Re:

Postby kitty on Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:24 am

Welcome Faith! I've been in Sallies (As it is more commonly known) for the last two years and I'm back for another year this year so I'll be seeing you around.
kitty

Re:

Postby Luciano on Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:21 pm

Hi - I've got a single room at St Regulus for this coming year - room D20 - does anyone know if this room or floor is any good?
Luciano

Re:

Postby Malcolm on Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:59 pm

Quoting Luciano from 16:58, 8th Aug 2007
Hi - I've got a single room at St Regulus for this coming year - room D20 - does anyone know if this room or floor is any good?

I was in D9 which is directly across the hall (literally immediately opposite).

D9 is bigger and better laid out, D20 seemed a little cramped when I saw inside it but you've at least got a window you can easily see out of. It's nice enough but you really need to keep it tidy to avoid feeling claustrophobic.

Down the hall is D23, which is widely believed to be the smallest room in the entire hall system.

D floor is pretty quiet on the whole, good luck dragging all your stuff up the stairs when you move in/out! The serious partying and debauchery happened on G floor and B floor last year and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's the same again.
Malcolm

Re:

Postby thatstudent on Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:53 pm

Faith- what room are you in? I'm a fresher in Sallies as well. C19a. :)
thatstudent

Return to New Students! First Years!