Home

TheSinner.net

New Hall - Ask Away 2007

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Re:

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:19 am

Quoting Al from 21:26, 28th Aug 2007
Halls open at 10am on the Saturday.

And not a microsecond before. Irrelevant of how many trunks you've lugged halfway across the globe.

[hr]

http://www.charities-campaign.org.uk
You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a containership full of tanks. Piracy is a crime, do not accept it.
Bizarre Atheist

mailing address?

Postby JYA on Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:21 am

What will be my mailing address since I live in New Hall?

Just New Hall (room number)
North Haugh
St Andrews, Fife
KY16 9XW

Thanks!
JYA

Re:

Postby J on Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:19 pm

Quoting JYA from 02:31, 12th Sep 2007
What will be my mailing address since I live in New Hall?

Just New Hall (room number)
North Haugh
St Andrews, Fife
KY16 9XW

Thanks!

Yup, just put your name in front and your room number.
Any parcels that are sent to you will be identified by name and will be on a list on the mail cabinet which is out in the afternoon-evening. You can then collect them from the reception if you have your matriculation card.
J

Re:

Postby jcwacky on Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:06 pm

Do you have to pay to have guests to stay?

What about meals for guests? How much do they cost?

Also, with these new parking regulations starting this year, what is happening with visitor parking at New Hall? Where can my parents/girlfriend park when they come to visit/stay?
jcwacky

Re:

Postby Jai on Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:07 pm

Quoting jcwacky from 16:06, 17th Sep 2007
Do you have to pay to have guests to stay?

What about meals for guests? How much do they cost?

Also, with these new parking regulations starting this year, what is happening with visitor parking at New Hall? Where can my parents/girlfriend park when they come to visit/stay?

Having guests stay over is free, although I think you can only have one at a time. Meals for guests and non-catered students who want to eat in the cafeteria cost around £3 but they may have changed the prices over the summer. Parking wise i'm not sure, but at least for last year you had to have the St Andrews badge logo on your car to be permitted to park there.
Jai

Previous

Return to New Students! First Years!