Home

TheSinner.net

John Burnet

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

John Burnet

Postby icu482 on Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:12 pm

Hey, about to start in St Andrews and will be staying in JBH. Anyone else in the same position as me? Do we need to bring our own sheets etc?
icu482

Re:

Postby Matt on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:24 pm

Me too! I think the residents' info said the hall provided linen, but you need your own towels and such...

Bit excited now....
Matt

Re:

Postby box_of_delights on Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:39 am

Quoting Matt from 19:08, 4th Sep 2007
Me too! I think the residents' info said the hall provided linen, but you need your own towels and such...

Bit excited now....

All halls provide you with bed linen, apart from DRA which only provides a duvet and pillows. Bear in mind that lots of people prefer to bring their own bed linen to replace the rather awful looking standard-issue Uni ones (single beds in all halls apart from DRA and most New Hall bedrooms.)

You will need your own towels for every residence.

[hr]

[s]http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37101440&pwstdfy=c9c14f50e63e4951ba5a9abb7ffcdc6e[/s]
box_of_delights

Re:

Postby caramelly on Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:12 pm

Hey!!
Welcome to John Burnet...you dont need to bring any bed linen...that is provided for you! But you may wanna bring your own duvet cover to make the room your own! Again welcome to JB and Ill see you in a coupla weeks!
caramelly

Re:

Postby caramelly on Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:12 pm

Quoting icu482 from 15:37, 29th Aug 2007
Hey, about to start in St Andrews and will be staying in JBH. Anyone else in the same position as me? Do we need to bring our own sheets etc?

Hey there!
Well first welcome to John Burnet..its pretty cool! You wont need to bring bed linen, it is all provided for you, but if u wanna make ur room ur own, you may like to bring your own duvet cover!!
Anyway look forward to seeing you in a coupla weeks!
caramelly

Re:

Postby caramelly on Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:27 am

Quoting caramelly from 11:31, 5th Sep 2007
Quoting icu482 from 15:37, 29th Aug 2007

Hey there!
Well first welcome to John Burnet..its pretty cool! You wont need to bring bed linen, it is all provided for you, but if u wanna make ur room ur own, you may like to bring your own duvet cover!!
Anyway look forward to seeing you in a coupla weeks!

Whoops it posted twice!!!
caramelly

Re:

Postby icu482 on Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:28 am

Quoting caramelly from 11:28, 5th Sep 2007
Hey!!
Welcome to John Burnet...you dont need to bring any bed linen...that is provided for you! But you may wanna bring your own duvet cover to make the room your own! Again welcome to JB and Ill see you in a coupla weeks!

Thanks for the reply! Just one more question, because we don't get evening meals on sat and sun, is there a place where we can cook, and if so, should we bring utensils?
icu482

Re:

Postby Irish Frank on Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:24 pm

Hi, yeah you should bring up some basic cooking utensils for the weekend - couple of plates, cutlery and a pot should do you fine. There's a few kitchens and cookers in the hall so you'll be fine.

I'm from JBH too, my name's Frank, look forward to meeting you! I'll be the guy talking crap with a loud American accent - first drinks are on me.
Irish Frank

Return to New Students! First Years!