Home

TheSinner.net

Transfers

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Transfers

Postby ??? on Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:21 pm

Hey! I ws just wondering what percentage of people who apply for transfers (both generally and, more precisely, from self catering to catered accommodation) are successful? Thanks.
???

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:34 pm

I transferred within New Hall from catered to self and it was a very simple process start to finish. It really depends on where the vacancies are. My advice would be to ask early.

[hr]

The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby Bizarre Atheist on Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:00 pm

With every post I learn something new about DrAlex.

[hr]

http://www.charities-campaign.org.uk
You wouldn't steal a handbag. You wouldn't steal a car. You wouldn't steal a containership full of tanks. Piracy is a crime, do not accept it.
Bizarre Atheist

Re:

Postby James Shield on Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:16 pm

My best guess is that you would be unlikely to get a transfer from a hall like DRA into a hall like McIntosh or Sallies, but your chances would be better if this was done within a hall (New Hall is the only hall that offers both catered and self-catered options). Still though, it's worth a try - email studacc@st-andrews.ac.uk.

James Shield
SRC Accommodation Officer
James Shield

Re:

Postby ??? on Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:31 pm

I've been put in DRA so it looks like it might difficult then! Thanks for everyone's advice [img]littleicons/yellowhappyface.gif[/img]
???

Re:

Postby OhhMy on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:22 pm

Quoting ??? from 09:53, 4th Sep 2007
I've been put in DRA so it looks like it might difficult then! Thanks for everyone's advice [img]littleicons/yellowhappyface.gif[/img]

Its not that hard. I did it. Ring them up and tell them preferably in tears that you cant possibly afford DRA. I did - it was true and it worked.
OhhMy

Return to New Students! First Years!