Home

TheSinner.net

Occassion dresses...

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Occassion dresses...

Postby Kel on Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:55 pm

I know that there are so many balls and formal occassions in St Andrews, so should I buy a dress to take up with me or just wait until I get there? I'm fairly local, so packing light isn't too huge an issue. Thanks!
Kel

Re:

Postby David Bean on Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:23 pm

I suppose it depends how good your nearest population centre is for shopping, really, doesn't it? I mean, St Andrews has a smallish Monsoon and a couple of other places like that, good quality stuff if you're not the sort to quail when someone else appears in the same dress as you, but by and large most girls I know will tend to take a trip to Dundee to get anything particularly special. So if it's easy enough for you to buy one and bring it with you, you might save yourself a trip.

[hr]

Psalm 91:7
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Re:

Postby sweet on Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:22 pm

You're better looking at it than looking for it (as my dad likes to remind me ad infinitum.) Take the dress and should you find you need something else there's, er, monsoon, or the #99, which takes half an hour to get to Dundee, check the bus station for details (or indeed traveline website). It's actually quite nice to go to Dundee to escape the bubble once in a while. It has all the usual high street stores and I'm sure some boutiques should you have an unusally large budget.
sweet

Return to New Students! First Years!