Home

TheSinner.net

Buses to Glasgow

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Buses to Glasgow

Postby Nelson on Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:38 pm

Anyone know how much the direct bus from St Andrews to Glasgow costs? I have found timetables easily enough but Stagecoach seem reluctant to publish prices!
Nelson

Re:

Postby smithy on Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:53 pm

Quoting Nelson from 20:38, 7th Oct 2007
Anyone know how much the direct bus from St Andrews to Glasgow costs? I have found timetables easily enough but Stagecoach seem reluctant to publish prices!

It's £10 return and it's valid for a month afterwards. Ask for just a normal return, NOT a student return as for some reason they are 70p dearer!!!
Also, you probs know this but make sure you get the X24 not the X26 as that takes 3.5 hours compared to 2.5!

Hope this helps x
smithy

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:53 pm

last time i was on the bus it cost £5 single with a student card, and it was £9.50 return (cant use the student card for a return ticket but still a saving), the prices might have gone up slightly though. just remember to get the X24!
Quoting Nelson from 20:38, 7th Oct 2007

Re:

Postby schmod on Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:37 am

Is there anyplace to actually check how much these bus tickets cost?

It also appears that taking the 99 to Dundee, and then catching Megabus to Glasgow is a bit cheaper if you're doing a round trip (this of course depends upon how much a ride on the 99 costs). Returns on Megabus are usually only £1 extra.

Of course, I could be totally mistaken...
schmod

Re:

Postby juiciestbabygurl on Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:06 am

Ahh the Doombus!!!
I hate the bloody x24 but to be honest it's the best deal we have
It is now £5.50 for a student single and £10 for a regular return.

Join the X24's facebook group to share your tales of woe from journeys on that awful bus

http://standrews.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204159085

And I must reitterate: NEVER EVER EVER get the x26!!
juiciestbabygurl

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:40 pm

What's wrong with the x24? 2 and a half hours on public transport to get to Glasgow from here is pretty good, expecially when you consider it takes nearly that much to get to Edinburgh on the x60 :-P

And yeh, i once got the x26 cos it runs, or at least used to run, later than the x24 and i couldn't leave until after i'd finished work. That was not fun.

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby orudge on Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:00 pm

I guess it's reasonable when you compare it to the train, too - 2 hours or so is probably the quickest you'll get there by train, and you still need to get to Leuchars then. The cheapest return I've seen by train is about £14, plus around £2 bus fare either way. So maybe it's not that bad after all. :P

[hr]

http://www.owenrudge.net/
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37103734
orudge
Administrator

Return to New Students! First Years!