Home

TheSinner.net

First year theology texts....

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

First year theology texts....

Postby lozafish on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:04 am

Can anyone tell me what the first year theology texts are?!?!

Thanks!!!
L
lozafish

Re:

Postby kate on Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:28 pm

It all depends on what your course actually is - are you wanting theological studies texts, biblical studies texts or hebrew/greek ones? Which modules are you doing? The best things though is probably to wait until you get into the course - I'm doing theological studies and I bought a couple in first year that I've barely opened (and I'm now going into 4th). Having said that, there were a couple that we read the whole way through in tutorials and those were worth it. But apart from those you can just get everything out the library, its cheaper that way! But I would definitely wait until you have your course packs etc and see what they say.
kate

Re:

Postby ONeill on Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:15 am

In the first lecture of every module I ever took I think they issued a list of books and other sources that covered the course content.

I'd wait until after the first lecture and if they don't issue a list of suggested reading material then you can always ask the lecturer to provide one.
ONeill

Return to New Students! First Years!