Home

TheSinner.net

Gin Soc.

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Gin Soc.

Postby I do like gin on Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:48 pm

I've found a vague reference to this society, but nothing solid about it's whereabouts or activities. Does it exist? Is it active?
I do like gin

Re: Gin Soc.

Postby Dempsey on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:46 am

I've never met any active members, but I'm sure there are a few of them around. Try e-mailing them at gin@st-andrews.ac.uk
Striving to maintain exceptional standards of debauchery.
Dempsey

Postby Fawksie on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:15 am

No such user exists.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Postby Dempsey on Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:39 pm

Listed on the association page. They must have disbanded :(
Striving to maintain exceptional standards of debauchery.
Dempsey

Postby Fawksie on Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:10 pm

Or an over-zealous mail admin zotted the account without asking first.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Postby I do like gin on Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:52 pm

Some googling has led me to this: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/3487119-post16.html - isn't Duggeh a member here? Can he offer enlightenment?
I do like gin

Postby orudge on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:21 pm

Gin Soc was in existence last year for sure, I'm not sure what, if anything, happened to it this year.
orudge
Administrator

Postby Duggeh on Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:55 am

Ginsoc was intended to continue on under a couple of us from last years "keen members". The founding commitee were all in final year. We ran a table at the societies fayre alongside SAURAS and Quaichsoc and had some fair interest. Unfortunately the administrative stuff lay outwith my remit and nothing further came to happen. The email address did exist, but will have been retired until such time as the society re-exists.

The society also had some trouble because the early meets were, for all practical purposes, booze ups and the union did not like this. Reform was done in response. The meets were all very good fun.

If all goes according to plan and I'm back again next year, I would be keen to re-form the society.
Duggeh

Postby Cinema on Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:42 am

Hoho! I'm a head-fier too! I also like Hendrick's martinis.
Cinema

Postby David Bean on Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Sad to hear GinSoc has lapsed! It was driven by Royce, Fearghas and Steve, of course, and I suppose its members did tend to be among the elder students. I went to a meeting of theirs once - legendary afterparty, but the trouble was it was the night before election day when I was supposed to be managing Royce's campaign for DoSDA, but then I came down with stomach flu and we didn't win anyway. Still, great society!

What about the Tea Society, is it still going?
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Return to New Students! First Years!