Home

TheSinner.net

Freshmen 2009

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Re: Freshmen 2009

Postby donpablo on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:57 am

Yeh I heard the same. But the 2 years I've been around theres been nothing notable which is a shame because I'm one of the people that still thinks the place has so much potential. I know the MoS were at the Starfields 2 years ago which actually come to think of it, wasn't Starfields supposed to be during freshers week this year? (or is has this been factored into some grand surprise hmmm? )

Im not for a minute suggesting blow the budget that would be totally stupid but just have something sustainable going on. Book what you can recoup. A lot of acts can appreciate that smaller venues don't have as much funds and usually don't charge as much for them. Plus if you get them at the right time you can save a lot on them (like if they are playing in glasgow the same weekend). I'd certainly be happier to pay a pound or two more for bigger things but they dont have to be every week. Maybe every two or monthly. Saves a lot of money in the long run going away to see big acts which many people must do.
donpablo

Re: Freshmen 2009

Postby Mehmsy on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:59 pm

Hey maybe you oughta stop for a second and consider that you're pretty much pooping on any Fresher's expecatations of Fresher's Week by having this debate on this thread. To be frank, the whole point of the week is to go out and meet people and (if you're so inclined) get drunk and do stupid things that you can laugh about in the years to come. Regardless of what shows are on it's always a fantastically fun week.
Mehmsy

Previous

Return to New Students! First Years!