Home

TheSinner.net

Newspapers

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Newspapers

Postby Don dokken on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:35 pm

Does anywhere in St andrews sell subsidised newspapers? My old university sold papers like the Ft, Times, Guardian, Telegraph etc for a reduced price.
Don dokken

Re: Newspapers

Postby Fawksie on Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:35 pm

Well, if anywhere does it, it'll be BESS at the front of the Union building.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Postby ct3012 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:56 am

There were posters in the library last year saying that you got quite a bit of money of the Times in BESS. Not sure how much, but it was pretty cheap.
But then again, I could just be saying that to annoy people...
ct3012

Postby Power Metal Dom on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:10 am

Not sure if this is helpful but there are always a large variety of current newspapers/journals/etc in the library tucked away on your immediate right as you enter with a place to sit and read. I found it helpful anyway since it's free
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Return to New Students! First Years!