Home

TheSinner.net

Freshers In Hamilton

Any questions about St Andrews? Ask here! The older, wiser generation will be sure to fill you in. Many people have decided on St Andrews after reading these boards, so give it a go!

Freshers In Hamilton

Postby jrat19 on Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:03 pm

I will be staying in room 6/A. I am hoping to meet some of my future dorm mates and possible even my room mate before leaving for school. Also I was hoping to get some advice as to what items I should bring.
jrat19

Re:

Postby Simon Atkins on Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:40 pm

[s]Unregisted User jrat19 wrote on 14:04, 29th Jul 2004:
I was hoping to get some advice as to what items I should bring.

Bottle opener, corkscrew, exceptionally large mug, pack of cards and something to prop your door open with.
Simon Atkins

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:29 pm

[s]Simon Atkins wrote on 22:40, 29th Jul 2004:
[s]Unregisted User jrat19 wrote on 14:04, 29th Jul 2004:[i]
I was hoping to get some advice as to what items I should bring.

Bottle opener, corkscrew, exceptionally large mug, pack of cards and something to prop your door open with.
[/i]

you forgot toilet paper, and alcohol. lots of both. Also crisps or someting's good when you come home pissed.
Tetragrammaton is a four letter word.
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby Guest on Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:33 pm

i'm 10A. aim name is bungalowbill28if msn is the same at hotmail.com if you want to get in touch. i'm james by the way.

Re:

Postby Catriona on Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:34 pm

I'm in Hamilton too!
I'm in 32 B, there are a few other freshers, who are in Hamilton this year, on this message board, Yey!
Catriona

Re:

Postby emily on Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:25 pm

[s]Unregisted User Catriona wrote on 01:02, 30th Jul 2004:
I'm in Hamilton too!
I'm in 32 B, there are a few other freshers, who are in Hamilton this year, on this message board, Yey!

i'm in 37B, so i'll be down the hall, i guess. how do the room numbers work anyways?
emily

37 B!

Postby Catriona on Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:55 pm

Wowee, 37B, my friend's 37A so she'll be your roomie!!!
Wow, what are the chances eh!
he he!
Catriona

Re:

Postby Jayne on Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:55 pm

[s]Unregisted User emily wrote on 00:58, 1st Aug 2004:
[s]Unregisted User Catriona wrote on 01:02, 30th Jul 2004:[i]
I'm in Hamilton too!

i'm in 37B, so i'll be down the hall, i guess. how do the room numbers work anyways?
[/i]

Hey emily!
Im 37A so im thinking we'r going to be room mates! if you or anyone else from hamilton wants to get in touch my msn address is whoneedscommonsense@hotmail.com
See ya in September! jayne xxx
Jayne

Hello from a 2nd Year

Postby Janus on Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:28 pm

Hi there everyone. My name's Whit, and I'll be a 2nd yr returning to Hamilton this year. All of you guys are in for a treat...Hamilton is one of the best places to be in St Andrews. I came in as a 1st yr from the US, and everyone in hall really helped me settle in, so no worries. I'll be in room 9 (1st floor), so everyone should stop by and say hello. My email is wchm@st-andrews.ac.uk, so get in touch if you like.
Janus

Re:

Postby Hannah on Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:12 am

hello i'm hannah and i'm in room 31A! looking forward to meet you all!
Hannah

Re:

Postby novium on Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:48 pm

Corkscrew..... hmm.... should I bring some wine? (Well, I do live in napa, my basement and closets and garage are filled with bottles and bottles of the stuff)

I mean, we have some pretty good wine here. Should I bring a few bottles, or just make do with french wine ;-) ?

Truthfully, the stuff I long to bring the most (some wine my parents made twenty years ago) can't be taken, as it isn't labeled.....
novium

Re:

Postby Hell Cat Maggie on Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:58 am

Whit my darling! Where have you been?! You still up for Hamilton Happenings when we get back? x
Hell Cat Maggie

Re:

Postby Aureliano on Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:47 am

[s]Hell Cat Maggie wrote on 09:58, 18th Aug 2004:
Whit my darling! Where have you been?! You still up for Hamilton Happenings when we get back? x

Yeah, what exactly happened (har, har) to it last year?! I recall only the first issue... I want my money's worth.
Aureliano

From Cali?

Postby Guest on Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:24 pm

So your from California? Whats your name, who are you, what room do you have in Hamilton? Hahaha

Re:

Postby smeagol on Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:00 pm

Hell Cat Maggie? Are you in charge of Hamilton Happenings next year? Excellent, my pet. I'm going into 3rd year, and am in room 87, if any freshers want to come and find me - I'm looking for academic children!
I'm playing all the right notes, just not necessarily in the right order.
smeagol

Re:

Postby Hell Cat Maggie on Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:04 am

smeagol oh how i have missed you. its been so long since we conversed. i suspect esther and mario are pining for us profusely. what room am i in?! i need to tell the fresh blood to slip snippets of gossip under my door whenever they feel necessary. maybe i could use the happenings as a medium to expose the shady dealings that have transpired this summer? we shall see. cannot wait for the joyous reunion xx
Hell Cat Maggie

Re:

Postby Hell Cat Maggie on Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:07 am

oh and i didn't realise you were planning on embracing motherhood! congratulations. This is fabulous news indeed. Perhaps we could join forces on the raisin weekend in question? They will without a doubt be in for a treat.
Hell Cat Maggie

Who are you?

Postby Guest on Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:48 am

Who is Hell Cat Maggie?

Re:

Postby smeagol on Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:45 am

Our children certainly will be, for we have wiled (sp?) away our foggy summer St. Andrews evenings thinking of costumes. The Peters' is, I grant you, a little extreme. We may even have secured a venue for this tremendous event of debauchery. I will say no more for fear of scaring away potential kiddy-winks.
I'm playing all the right notes, just not necessarily in the right order.
smeagol

Re:

Postby Hell Cat Maggie on Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:27 am

This news delights me. It wouldn't suprise me in the least to find the Peters knitting satan outfits of some description for her potential offspring upon my (i hope) eagerly anticipated return. With regards to the Happenings i can only apologise...I'm a busy girl, places to go, people to see etc you know the score but i do intend to rectify the situation with my momentous move into main hall come september. It's a sacrifice I'm prepared to make to ensure you all get exactly what you pay for...I am after all excellent value for money.
Hell Cat Maggie

Next

Return to New Students! First Years!