Home

TheSinner.net

What are the people like?

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

What are the people like?

Postby possibly undergrad on Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:31 am

Hi, I'm thinking of coming to St. Andrews but I'm worried that there will be a lot of rahs. Is there a lot and has anybody found this hard?

I'd really appreicate any advice or anything. Thankyou.
possibly undergrad

Re:

Postby tintin on Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:22 pm

Read the other threads ad infinitum relating to this.
tintin

Re:

Postby Simon Atkins on Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:45 pm

[s]Unregisted User possibly undergrad wrote on 15:20, 16th Apr 2004:
Hi, I'm thinking of coming to St. Andrews but I'm worried that there will be a lot of rahs. Is there a lot and has anybody found this hard?

I'm not sure if by rahs you meen Yahs or if I am missing something. if it is it is discussed on a thread below.

Here are some threads that discuss what St Andrews is like.

http://www.thesinner.net/messageboard-v ... hread=7040

http://www.thesinner.net/messageboard-v ... hread=8184

http://www.thesinner.net/messageboard-v ... ?thread=65

http://www.thesinner.net/messageboard-v ... hread=9016
Simon Atkins

Re:

Postby Oli on Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:13 pm

Oli

Re:

Postby David Bean on Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:34 pm

I recommend avoiding stereotypes and judging the people one meets on their own merits.

[hr]
"And all the people rejoiced, and said: 'God save the King! Long live the King! ...May the King live forever!'" - Handel, 'Zadok the Priest'
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Rahs

Postby Midget on Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:22 pm

Rahs thats what Yahs are called in Durham. Bloody Durham students haven't gone home yet. They are really beginning to piss me off. Why do they get to swan around after their exams while we get kicked out of halls immediately? The little shits. Every time I walk into town they're lolling about the river bank having fun. I hate June.
Midget

Re:

Postby tintin on Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:13 pm

And St. Andrews is rather nice at the moment with an absence of students (I myself am after all no longer one).
tintin

Re:

Postby David Bean on Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:39 pm

[s]Midget wrote on 01:22, 12th Jun 2004:
Bloody Durham students haven't gone home yet. They are really beginning to piss me off. Why do they get to swan around after their exams while we get kicked out of halls immediately?

Terrible, isn't it? Sounds like an ACCOMMODATION ISSUE to me! ;)

[hr]
"And all the people rejoiced, and said: 'God save the King! Long live the King! ...May the King live forever!'" - Handel, 'Zadok the Priest'
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Re:

Postby someone on Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:53 pm

[s]David Bean wrote on 01:39, 21st Jun 2004:

Terrible, isn't it? Sounds like an ACCOMMODATION ISSUE to me! ;)

No no, NO. Bad Bean. As I am an ordained minister (got it online!) I am the Chaplain of the SRC and SSC. Your post is sin. I must take action to preserve my flock.

As The Rev. Chair Preston J. Byrne, I hereby proclaim, announce, state, declare, etc.:

Using the secret powers as Mecha-Chaplain, I declare "hackery" (proper hackery, not merely union-related business) ANATHEMA until the date of 01 September 2004.

By this, I mean that all discussion of hackery shall be avoided during the Summer holiday and shall not be resumed until the entirely reasonable and fair date of September 01. If Hackery is discussed publicly on anything other than a LiveJournal (and even then only the occasional brief mention is allowed), I will ruthlessly heckle and shame the offender into submission upon their return in September. Challenge me if you dare, for I shall smite you with vengeful y-w-h (the God formerly known as "I am who am") and his agent, the Great Pumpkin, on my side.

Additionally, offenders shall be excommunicated from my church, The United Faith of Orthodox Great Pumpkinism, for ever and ever.

[hr]

someone: Disco Inferno. This time with fire and brimstone.
someone

Re:

Postby someone on Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:57 pm

[s]someone wrote on 17:53, 21st Jun 2004:[

No no, NO. Bad Bean. As I am an ordained minister (got it online!) I am the Chaplain of the SRC and SSC.
[/i]

By the way, Simon, that's a great reason to etlay emay avehay hetay owngay...
someone

Re:

Postby grousefanatic on Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:53 pm

[s]someone wrote on 17:53, 21st Jun 2004:
No no, NO. Bad Bean. As I am an ordained minister (got it online!) I am the Chaplain of the SRC and SSC. Your post is sin. I must take action to preserve my flock.

Did you seriously get ordained online? If so, God help us all. Is nothing sacred anymore?

Though I'm sure you'd make a very good minister!
veni vidi nates calce concidi - i came, i saw, i kicked ass
grousefanatic

Re:

Postby Midget on Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:46 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

Preston ordained!!!!!

I honestly just burst out laughing. i don't know how I am going to keep a straight face in SRC meetings now, it was difficult enough in the last one (well luckily the motion led me to put on a more serois demeanour than usual).

[hr]

David, fair point. I realise you weren't probably being really serious. But yeah, Alyson last year's Accomm had a go at allowing a little more flexibility at the end of May beginning of June in Halls. With obvious results, Isobel said no. However I still think its worth having a go. What always happens is they say its too late for this coming year to change, and then next year new accomm so same answer, verr very frustrating.

In all fairness most Unis start later than us. BUT most unis have after exam time in hall and we have less than 24hrs from the last exam (and I should know, bloody PY2102 1.30pm Friday).
Midget

Re:

Postby someone on Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:09 pm

[s]grousefanatic wrote on 17:53, 23rd Jun 2004:
Did you seriously get ordained online?

Indeed I did. You can, too, with the Universal Life Church in Modesto, California.

[hr]
disco inferno.
someone

Re:

Postby Al on Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:15 pm

I did that a few years ago. I still have my *ahem* deluxe ordination certificate.

[hr]Life is too important to be taken seriously.
Al

Return to The Students' Association (Union)