Home

TheSinner.net

House 13?

Please feel free to discuss any matters surrounding Fife Park. If you have any problems please e-mail the moderator of this board.

House 13?

Postby Mcknight on Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:33 pm

Hi im going into first year to study physics this september, im from Brechin, Angus.

I have just confirmed that I will be in house 13 next year , room 2 I think.

Just wondered if anyone else here knows they will be in house 13?

Also if anyone has stayed there could you tell me how good it is?

And does anyone have any tips for a first year at Fife Park?

Thanks
Mcknight

Re:

Postby Kirstin on Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:48 am

I'm not in house 13 but I will be in 15 (for the 3rd year!). I don't know about the inside of 13 but it's in one of the better positions, as far away from the building work as you can get! Room 2, if your set up is like ours, should be a decent sized room which looks out over a field.
Feel free to drop by when you arrive.
Kirstin
I meant what I said and I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful one-hundred percent.
Kirstin

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:04 pm

Hi,

Im from Forfar. I have lived in Fife park for two years and will be moving back into 27 for the third year in room one for the third year. Fife park is great if you don't mind the cheapness of the place, I guess coming from brechin you won't :P. Last year had a really great atmosphere, mostly due to the fact that there was the highest number of first years there ever!(Purely speculation, but fife park has always been the domain of second years+ and postgrads due to the 6 to a house make up of the site) There will probably be a few first year introduction things as we have recently formed a comittee. I hope you get cool people in your house, can't imagine living with idiots, and there are a few in Fife Park.(Hides as everyone points in my direction) I was really lucky in first year as I got put in a house with really cool people. I don't think you will need quite as much luck because there are more first years staying there so you will prob be put in a house of first years, all of whom are in the same boat as you. I was placed in with 2 1st, 2 3rd and a fourth, but luckily they were all party animals :-)

See you in september, hope you have a great time. I found it quite an adventure.

P.S. I wrote the desscription of Fife Park in The Sinners Guide. Check the bar at the top of the page to navigate to it.
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:00 pm

having just spent the day cleaning bits of house 13 i have to say it's quite nice. it's on the end of the row furthest away from the builders! :)
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby badly over drawn boy on Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:16 am

Fife park is good as a social experience as thier are no Ya's(Posh annoying fuckers)only sound students looking for a party and first year fun .

This factor makes up for the cheap cardboard walls were you can here your neighbour farting or shagging, depending on how lucky he is. And if you listen closely you can hear them breathing, this was what i liked best

Thier also has to be a share in cleaning as i lived in 27 last year and our kitchen looked like a fucking bombsite but the guys i lived with were sound, apart from Andy Grayland, hes a poof (Only jokin)

See ya

[hr]boogie woogie woo woo i like cheese muff
boogie woogie woo woo i like cheese muff
badly over drawn boy

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:35 am

[s]badly over drawn boy wrote on 10:16, 8th Jun 2004:
the guys i lived with were sound, apart from Andy Grayland, hes a poof (Only jokin)

you're not really ;)
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:19 pm

Yeah you better be jokin ;-)

and I better not see you out tonight Andy or else! :P
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby badly over drawn boy on Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:30 am

ok im not Andys a poooooof

[hr]boogie woogie woo woo i like cheese muff
badly over drawn boy

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:40 am

You're gettin hammered meat boy.
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby badly over drawn boy on Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:14 pm

[s]munchingfoo wrote on 10:40, 9th Jun 2004:
You're gettin hammered meat boy.

Oh please sir hammer my meat, i love you
[hr]

badly over drawn boy

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:12 pm

I think we were quite drunk that night steve. I'm normally very careful to avoid double entendres on this message board. When are you coming to edinburgh. I'm working mon wed fri sat sun. So you can come mon tues thurs whenever you have time off work. I bought my guitar, it's pretty cool.
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Guest on Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:15 pm

Three of my friends lived in house 13 this year, one of them in room 2. Its an ok house, but they havn't had much luck in it with fires and breakdowns etc, but what can u expect with a house no13? but i'm sure u will b fine! some of the rooms, including two, have a good view. there is an extra freezer in that house which is always handy! and i doesn't have one of those funny toilet within a toilet things that some houses have, that leave room 3 (or 1) tiny!

fife park is generally an ok place, despite what u may have heard! its just a bit far out of town. it is the cheapest and u get what u pay for really, but if u r a hardy type then u should b ok!

Re:

Postby randypanthegoatboy on Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:07 pm

[s]munchingfoo wrote on 14:12, 17th Jun 2004:
I think we were quite drunk that night steve. I'm normally very careful to avoid double entendres on this message board. When are you coming to edinburgh. I'm working mon wed fri sat sun. So you can come mon tues thurs whenever you have time off work. I bought my guitar, it's pretty cool.

Andy i will prob be up to edinburgh next tuesday or wednesday by the way i will phone you
randypanthegoatboy

Return to Fife Park