Home

TheSinner.net

www.yourunion.net

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

www.yourunion.net

Postby blinkey on Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:03 am

I am posting because I have a slight concern - with the new webpage. I want to begin by saying that this should not be taken as criticism of the union, or the people who work there, or even people in charge of the page. I love our union. I love our sabs. Really I do. This is just, as I said, a slight concern.

I was happy to see the new page - it looks really pretty and very professional - so congrats to those who chose the layout. The only concern I have - slight concern, mind you, is that many of the links don't seem to work and some of the page is organized in a confusing manner. For example, I was trying to look up a club a friend recommended to see if I could maybe join next semester. And found the societies link itself not to work, but then did find the page through the directory on the right. Same thing happened earlier, when looking up addresses of landlords.

So I thought to myself, what if I was a keen little Fresher/JYA who wanted to learn about St. Andrews life before coming here? Or a prospective student? I probably would get annoyed with the site and not know to look on to find out about student life. I might draw the conclusion that St. Andrews was a place where nothing fun happened (not true) - as the links lead nowhere, or get a sense of Your Union as a disorganised and Inefficient organisation (most definately not true).

The same thing applies to the list of links on front - is there any way to organize them into 'new' news and 'old 'news' maybe? The Question Time link, for example, still gives instructions on how to apply for tickets for the upcoming event.

So this is my slight concern. If someone is already on the case, my profoundest apologies. Apologies also for posting publicly, but I am not sure who is the person in charge of the page. And as I said, I am most definately not intending to point fingers - just concerned about the image of the union and the university that is given out as well as the conveniece of actually using the pretty new pages.
blinkey

Re:

Postby Association President on Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:39 am

Oli is on the case. We are trying to get the site up and running but we are only in our second week on the job. We will try and have it up soon.

Simon
Alex Yabroff
President
Students' Association
St Andrews
(01334 46) 2700
pres@st-andrews.ac.uk
Association President

Re:

Postby Oli on Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:48 am

I'm working on it!

The new site will hopefully be easier to navigate, and should have no broken links!
Oli

Re:

Postby blinkey on Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:29 pm

The new site is slick and snazzy and the links work. Well done! Its .. just beautiful.
blinkey

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:56 pm

[s]blinkey wrote on 21:29, 29th Aug 2004:
The new site is slick and snazzy and the links work. Well done! Its .. just beautiful.

Isn't it the old site, you know the one before nichola ruined it?

[hr]
Live by the sword, die by the arrow.
Tetragrammaton is a four letter word.
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby Students Association on Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:11 am

In order to make the update process easier, the website has been reverted to the previous version.

The new website will be launched around week 3, and will be updated several times per week.
University of St Andrews Students' Association - find more at yourunion.net or follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/StAndrewsUnion
Students Association

Re:

Postby Tweedle-Dum on Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:46 pm

[s]Students' Association wrote on 02:11, 30th Aug 2004:
In order to make the update process easier, the website has been reverted to the previous version.

The new website will be launched around week 3, and will be updated several times per week.

Aah, superb, I thought what had happened was that the old site layout was to be continued, but it all makes sense now

[hr]
Live by the sword, die by the arrow.
Tetragrammaton is a four letter word.
Tweedle-Dum

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:48 am

[s]blinkey wrote on 21:29, 29th Aug 2004:

Rofl, it's practically the same as the one before they cocked it all up!

Return to The Students' Association (Union)