Home

TheSinner.net

Fife Park to be demolished? Reaction -

Please feel free to discuss any matters surrounding Fife Park. If you have any problems please e-mail the moderator of this board.

Fife Park to be demolished? Reaction -

Postby macgamer on Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:20 pm

Fife Park is rumoured to be up for demolishment and DRA to extend over it - taking the slack from the sale of Hamilton Hall.

Feelings / Reaction:
"Progress should mean that we are always changing the world to fit the vision, instead we are always changing the vision."
- G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy, 1908
macgamer

Re:

Postby Rectalprobe on Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:49 pm

They do thios and then there will be no decent cheap accomodation aparty from albany fucking park - as long as they wait 2 more years all is good!!!

[hr]
"Well i heard my sis say that whenever she had a prick in her hand she puts it in cider"
Rectalprobe

Re:

Postby rob 'f*ck off' wine boy on Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:46 am

woooohooooooooooooo!
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
rob 'f*ck off' wine boy

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:41 pm

Can we have a link to validate this claim. They have been saying they are gonna knock down Fife Park for the last 15 years and it is still here. I fhtis is just hearsay I'd like to know.

Also, the uni guaranteed 500 cheap beds at 45 and 47 pounds.

Knocking down fife park would ruin this.

[hr]I have made my site work again, so feel free to have a look.

My website:
http://n.domaindlx.com/AndyGrayland/
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:38 pm

[s]Rectalprobe wrote on 20:49, 21st Feb 2005:
They do thios and then there will be no decent cheap accomodation aparty from albany fucking park - as long as they wait 2 more years all is good!!!

[hr]
"Well i heard my sis say that whenever she had a prick in her hand she puts it in cider"

Nah, they're going to extend DRA towards the East too, until the whole of St Andrews is covered with over-priced accommodation.

Re:

Postby Rennie on Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:31 pm

Fife Park is likely to be demolished in 2007/2008. This is due to a number of factors - it was designed to last around 25 years when built in 1974, and so the structures are over their lifespan andthe windows are single glazed, to replace them would be a high cost. However, the main reason is that they don't meet the HMO licence requirements from Fife Council any more, but they have an exemption until 2007 from them.

When they do get demolished, DRA is unlikely to be expanded across Fife Park. This is mainly because at this end of town, land is not a problem for the university, they own the fields next to DRA anyway (not the sports ones) and they rent these to a farmer - if they wanted to build more blocks they would have done it while they had a team of builders here and all the facilities set up. To do it in 3 years would be much more expensive, and probably not cost effective.
Rennie

the definitive answer

Postby dra senior student on Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:09 am

[s]Rennie wrote on 14:31, 24th Feb 2005:
...they own the fields next to DRA anyway (not the sports ones) and they rent these to a farmer - if they wanted to build more blocks they would have done it while they had a team of builders here and all the facilities set up. To do it in 3 years would be much more expensive, and probably not cost effective.

The loss of approx 120 beds in Hamilton Hall and Eden Court will be counteracted by the building of three new blocks behind the current site on the fields. Work will most likely start in April/May/June when the current work is done.

If ... [mod: needless bitchy comment removed.]
dra senior student

Re:

Postby dra senior student on Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:20 am

[s]dra senior student wrote on 01:09, 27th Feb 2005:

The loss of approx 120 beds in Hamilton Hall and Eden Court will be counteracted by the building of three new blocks behind the current site on the fields. Work will most likely start in April/May/June when the current work is done.

If ... [mod: needless bitchy comment removed.]

Needless, yes; inaccurate, no. I had just pointed out a failure by the Senior Student to meet his duties.
dra senior student

Re:

Postby Rennie on Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:40 am

what was the comment?
Rennie

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:14 am

If the senior student had gone to the meeting he would have known...

Nothing bitchy about that.

[hr]I have made my site work again, so feel free to have a look.

My website:
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~ag56/
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby flossy on Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:35 pm

Melville is gonna go down in price from what I can tell, so that the cheap halls will be it and Gatty, keeping to the promised number of cheap beds.

Still a rip off, though.

[hr]Fare thee well eyebrows
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby Guest on Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:45 pm

Needless, yes

So why say it?

Return to Fife Park