Home

TheSinner.net

Fife Park Elections

Please feel free to discuss any matters surrounding Fife Park. If you have any problems please e-mail the moderator of this board.

Fife Park Elections

Postby munchingfoo on Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:16 am

I am sure most of you just received the e-mail from ben about the Fife Park Elections.

It is my intention to run for senior student.

Anyone else can use this thread to announce their intentions of running and also to ask any questions of the candidates.

The voting will be done electronically on webCT. (Something I have never used before :o ) I would urge both returning students and those not returning to vote.

My 100 Words (or so :p)

Fife Park has given me a lot in my three years here, and in this, my final year I would like to give it something back. In previous years, the committee has been attacked for not doing enough, I would aim to publicise committee work more to ensure this level of discontent does not continue. I would introduce more pay per event activities as expressed in the recent poll. This will increase the friendliness of Fife Park, especially necessary with the ever increasing number of freshers living here every year.

[hr]

[s]
My entire life in boolean logic

¬emptyGlass(pint) => drinking(Andy)
emptyGlass(pint) AND ¬stomache(full) => buy(pint)
emptyGlass(pint) AND stomache(full) => buy(vodka)
emptyGlass(vodka) => buy(vodka)
¬emptyGlass(vodka) => drinking(Andy) [/s]

IMAGE:t3300.homepage.dk/Awesome.gif
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Thalia on Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:18 am

Sounds good, Andy - shame i'm not living there next year, at least with someone vaguely interested in fife park as senior student there might be more of a community feel to it again :-)

But how would you fund events on a 'pay per event' basis? Would you ask for people to pay for the event before it happened so that you had money for it? Because wasn't one of the committee's problems last year, that, without hall subs they just didn't have the money to arrange anything?

[hr]

[s]A Question
A voice said, Look me in the stars
And tell me truly, men of earth,
If all the soul-and-body scars
Were not too much to pay for birth.
---Robert Frost[/s]
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:37 pm

I believe the union gives some money to committees, or atleast can do. With this we can buy stuff in advance then recoup the money at the event. Events will be easier to organise and charge for this year because of the new DRA facilities building. (looks fondly back on the Strachan suite :( )

Please don't be scared by the word charge either, it wouldn't be much. Just enough to recoup some costs.

Of course the sub money is still an option but the vote seemed to suggest people weren't interested in this. A combination of the two would also be an option. i.e. those who wish can pay at the start and those who don't can pay per event with some financial incentive for those who pay at the start.

Also, not everything fun costs money. I think this is one aspect previous committees neglected.

[hr]

[s]

emptyGlass(pint) AND ¬stomache(full) => buy(pint)
emptyGlass(pint) AND stomache(full) => buy(vodka)

IMAGE:t3300.homepage.dk/Awesome.gif
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Ben Reilly on Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:47 pm

The Students' Association has given money to hall committees in the past to help get them on their feet, and we would welcome any application from a committee who required help.

[hr]

University of St Andrews Clothing - http://www.standrewsclothing.com
Ben Reilly

Re:

Postby Ben Reilly on Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:02 am

I'd just like to say congratulations to Andy on being elected Senior Student!

[hr]

University of St Andrews Clothing - http://www.standrewsclothing.com
Ben Reilly

Re:

Postby Thalia on Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:23 am

Cool - congrats Andy - even if you were the only person who volunteered ;-)

I'm always around to lend a hand with fp events if you want (and, you know, adopt a few kiddies to corrupt, hehe) :-)

[hr]

[s]A Question
A voice said, Look me in the stars
And tell me truly, men of earth,
If all the soul-and-body scars
Were not too much to pay for birth.
---Robert Frost[/s]
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:18 pm

From this year, hall subs will be included in the rent people pay the university. So hall committees will receive a big chunk of money (hopefully) before freshers week. That's what hall committees have been told anyway.
It solves ALOT of problems for hall commmittees having to chase people to get money off them.

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:48 pm

Who are you? You are wrong. Fife Park still has no hall subs. I am the committee. :p

P.S.

We need to have elctions for the other two positions when everyone gets back.

[hr]

[s]

emptyGlass(pint) AND ¬stomach(full) => buy(pint)
emptyGlass(pint) AND stomach(full) => buy(vodka)
munchingfoo

Return to Fife Park