Home

TheSinner.net

The Union Website

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

The Union Website

Postby Guest on Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:47 am

It seems to have been at a renovation stand-still for a few months now. When will it have some useful info on it?

Re:

Postby M on Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:57 pm

... like say the constitution I went looking for it and couldn't find it... :(

[hr]

I'm S.T.L.in', are you?
M

Re:

Postby Oli on Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:27 am

What useful information would you like to see on the website?
Any suggestions - please email to hommd@st-and.ac.uk or reply back here.
Oli

Re:

Postby Ben Reilly on Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:05 pm

There's going to be a group put together in the first few weeks of term to determine what should be on the "Representation" section of the site. This group will be open to all who are interested in helping out.

I will post the details here as soon as the date is fixed.

[hr]

University of St Andrews Clothing - http://www.standrewsclothing.com
Ben Reilly

Re:

Postby Guest on Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:56 pm

There's going to be a group put together in the first few weeks of term to determine what should be on the "Representation" section of the site. This group will be open to all who are interested in helping out.

Any news on this?

Re:

Postby Ben Reilly on Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:49 pm

Quoting from 16:44, 1st Oct 2005

Any news on this?

Oli isn't very well at the moment. I think we're looking at Week 4 though.

[hr]

Ben Reilly

Re:

Postby Ben Reilly on Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:59 pm

Unfortunately for a variety of reasons we weren't able to do it this week, so it got put back to next week. We have now set it as being on Thursday at 5.30pm in the Committee Room on the top floor of the Association building.

Please come along.

[hr]

Ben Reilly

Re:

Postby Dave the Explosive Newt on Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:17 pm

Well, I can't make that - however:

I would like to see a section for each officer showing what they are currently doing. (and I mean what actions they are taking on issues, not just a flim-flammy statement of their 'interests').

[hr]

Will Watson - half man, half beast. All awesome.
Dave the Explosive Newt

I agree!!

Postby harmless loony on Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:54 pm

Yep Dave has it spot on.....we should see monthly/bi monthly updates on the website of what each and every officer has done in their post - for the ppl they represent.

That way we can hold them accountable. Waiting till the AGM to find out what they have done is pointless because:
a) it's too late to hold them to account and it's a year wasted
b) some people don't even bother to produce their reports or turn up to the AGM

It's about time people did what they should be doing.

Also if people are not doing anything in their post - it perhaps may serve to highlight how irrelevant that post is to the SRC and help to cut down the vast number of posts we have got.
harmless loony

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:49 pm

Quoting harmless loony from 15:54, 29th Oct 2005
Yep Dave has it spot on.....we should see monthly/bi monthly updates on the website of what each and every officer has done in their post - for the ppl they represent.

That way we can hold them accountable. Waiting till the AGM to find out what they have done is pointless because:
a) it's too late to hold them to account and it's a year wasted
b) some people don't even bother to produce their reports or turn up to the AGM

It's about time people did what they should be doing.

Also if people are not doing anything in their post - it perhaps may serve to highlight how irrelevant that post is to the SRC and help to cut down the vast number of posts we have got.

Last time I attended an association AGM, the audience outnumbered the member attendees - and the audience consisted of four.

what a load of absolute rubbish

[hr]

[s]Cogitationis poenam nemo meretur, facias ipse quod faciamus suades - pax vobiscum.[/s]
We are gentlemen that neither in our hearts nor outward eyes envy the great nor shall the low despise.
Grandpa

Re:

Postby Oli on Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:30 am

Actually Euan, that's not entirely true - there were around 12 or so officers present.
Admittedly, that's not as many as there should have been, but let's not exaggerate eh?
Oli

Re:

Postby Oli on Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:32 am

Oh - and I completely agree with Dave and Harmless Loony's suggestions, and will be holding some training sessions to ensure that all officers know how to update their pages.
Oli

Re:

Postby Dave the Explosive Newt on Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:30 pm

Please don't call me Dave.

[hr]

Will Watson - half man, half beast. All awesome.
Dave the Explosive Newt

Re:

Postby pinkymoo on Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:58 am

La de la
pinkymoo

Re:

Postby Oli on Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:13 pm

You call yourself Dave!
Oli

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:53 am

Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave

[hr]

[s]Cogitationis poenam nemo meretur, facias ipse quod faciamus suades - pax vobiscum.[/s]
We are gentlemen that neither in our hearts nor outward eyes envy the great nor shall the low despise.
Grandpa

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:54 am

Quoting Dave the Explosive Newt from 21:30, 31st Oct 2005
Please don't call me Dave.

[hr]

Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave Dave

[hr]

Grandpa

Re:

Postby Grandpa on Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:13 pm

[quote][b]Quoting from 16:44, 1st Oct

[/qoute]

guys - will there be another soon?

[hr]

Grandpa

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:49 pm

This website has been 'under construction' for longer than I choose to remember - and I'm only a second year student.

I challenge the union peeps to actually do something about their beloved website....because, in all seriousness - its shit.

Re:

Postby Oli on Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:03 pm

For those wishing to get involved with updating the website, visit this thread on the main board...

http://www.thesinner.net/mb/Main/thesinner/19682

Oli Walker
Design and Marketing Officer, Students' Association
Oli

Next

Return to The Students' Association (Union)