Home

TheSinner.net

Video Night 16/10 - Lads Choice

For people in McIntosh Hall (Chattan).

Video Night 16/10 - Lads Choice

Postby Akasha on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:32 am

Hey guys,

The theme for Video Night this sunday (16th) is lads choice (well it was chick flicks last week!)

I'll sort out the times later but at the moment we are planning on showing Trainspotting and Lock Stock (as I already own them!)

If anyone would like to request a film or better yet owns that film ON VIDEO feel free to email me or post on here!
Akasha

Re:

Postby a saint on Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:05 pm

Scarface is awesome and i have it on dvd
a saint

Re:

Postby Akasha on Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:56 pm

Quoting a saint from 20:14, 13th Oct 2005
Scarface is awesome and i have it on dvd

That's great but there is only a video player in the TV room. Do you know of anybody who has it on video?
Akasha

Re:

Postby Cain on Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:36 pm

why not buy a cheapo DVD player for hall and make use of the massive DVD libraries that the population of hall have?

you can also use a global membership and have new releases.

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Flighty on Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:56 pm

what happened to the hall DVD player that we had at the start of the year?

Also Scarface is so not that awesome, life is not long enough.
Flighty

Re:

Postby Akasha on Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:24 pm

For the lads:
Some good old ass kicking
For the ladies:
Ewan McGregor and Brad Pitt mmm J

7:30pm SNATCH
Guy Ritchie’s edgy and hilarious film featuring Brad Pitt as a rather sexy gypsy!

9:15pm TRAINSPOTTING
Ewan McGregor and his “so called friends on a spiral of self-destruction - hilarious but harrowing.

10:45pm LOCK STOCK AND TWO SMOKING BARRELS
Guy Ritchie’s high-octane journey into London’s Eat-End gangster underworld with razor sharp street-wise dialogue.
Akasha

Re:

Postby Akasha on Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:25 pm

We still have the hall DVD player but the RM's are the only ones who can tune it in
Akasha

Re:

Postby Flighty on Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:32 pm

All that had to be done last year was to plug it in to the back of the tv. I don't think things should have changed and i don't know why the RMs are the only ones with this magical power.
Flighty

Re:

Postby Cain on Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:52 pm

Quoting Flighty from 20:32, 16th Oct 2005
All that had to be done last year was to plug it in to the back of the tv.

you make it sound easy flighty!

As somebody who was involved in the weekly struggle with scart leads and the rest, it isn't that easy that you can just jump in and do it, but it also isn't prohibitively difficult.

surely it isn't too much to ask for the ents rep to spend a quarter of an hour one afternoon tinkering with the DVD machine that hall has so that they work out how to make great use of the resources that are available to them. Also, considering the amount of DVDs tht'll be floating around hall in people's private collections, it also makes the job of the ents rep a lot cheaper and easier if they are able to use them.

[hr]

Cain

Re:

Postby Akasha on Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:39 am

Quoting Cain from 20:52, 16th Oct 2005
Quoting Flighty from 20:32, 16th Oct 2005
All that had to be done last year was to plug it in to the back of the tv.

you make it sound easy flighty!

As somebody who was involved in the weekly struggle with scart leads and the rest, it isn't that easy that you can just jump in and do it, but it also isn't prohibitively difficult.

surely it isn't too much to ask for the ents rep to spend a quarter of an hour one afternoon tinkering with the DVD machine that hall has so that they work out how to make great use of the resources that are available to them. Also, considering the amount of DVDs tht'll be floating around hall in people's private collections, it also makes the job of the ents rep a lot cheaper and easier if they are able to use them.

[hr]

The reason the RMs hold this "magical power" is that they are the only ones with a remote control for the tv (the one in the tv room is for the Digibox) therefore they are the only ones who can tune in the DVD player.

I would argue that there is no struggle with scart leads - what moron can't switch around a scart lead? It takes me all of 10 seconds

We are actually still saving money as we are using videos belonging to people in hall.

Also the hall DVD player is usually lent out at the weekend to people who need to borrow it to watch a DVD on their own TV or one of halls TV/Video combis.
Akasha

Re:

Postby ~tech guy~ on Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:47 pm

Quoting Akasha from 09:39, 17th Oct 2005

The reason the RMs hold this "magical power" is that they are the only ones with a remote control for the tv (the one in the tv room is for the Digibox) therefore they are the only ones who can tune in the DVD player.

I would argue that there is no struggle with scart leads - what moron can't switch around a scart lead? It takes me all of 10 seconds

We are actually still saving money as we are using videos belonging to people in hall.

Also the hall DVD player is usually lent out at the weekend to people who need to borrow it to watch a DVD on their own TV or one of halls TV/Video combis.

Just pull the scart lead out of the digibox and stick it in the dvd player, I did it last year and there are no player

its a bit of a no brainer to keep the dvd player for hall movie nights so all hall can benefit rather than just one person, Mind you if the RMs are impeding it wouldnt be a surprise

Mod edit:
Please include a name for reference purposes.
~tech guy~

Re:

Postby Akasha on Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:50 pm

[quote]Quoting ~tech guy~ from 20:36, 18th Oct 2005

Just pull the scart lead out of the digibox and stick it in the dvd player, I did it last year and there are no player

its a bit of a no brainer to keep the dvd player for hall movie nights so all hall can benefit rather than just one person, Mind you if the RMs are impeding it wouldnt be a surprise

[quote]

You can't just plug it in anymore as the TV channels were all retuned for the new video player.

It may be a "no brainer" but if someone wants to borrow the DVD player (the combis are tv/video) and there are plenty of videos going around why shouldn't it be lent out.
Akasha

Re:

Postby Akasha on Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:51 pm

Can you fix the "tags" for me Ewan - i dont have a clue :)
Akasha

Return to McIntosh Hall (Chattan)