Home

TheSinner.net

Heating

Please feel free to discuss any matters surrounding Fife Park. If you have any problems please e-mail the moderator of this board.

Heating

Postby The Bitter Historian on Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:35 pm

Our heating has broken. This happens. The RA has been very good and called a heating engineer who should hopefully show up soon. I may be sitting curled around the computer for warmth with a hat and my quilt wrapped around me, but there we are.

I don't think I'd mind so much if I wasn't trying to deal with a fairly steady breeze through my window. Argh! Will the fabled summer refurbishment include making windows that actually keep out of the cold, or will it just be a slightly naff paint job like the bathrooms?

Sorry. I felt the need the complain.

[hr]

http://bitterhistorian.blogspot.com

Life. St Andrews. Budgeting. Some history. Mostly bitterness.

The Bitter Historian

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:03 am

Bastards - my heatings broken too and complained and was told that nobody could come till Monday - I've ended up going home cause I can't stand the freezing temperatures in my room and it ain't helping my flu.
papercutheart

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:07 pm

Woohoo my heating is fixed today - rest of the house is freezing but my room is toastie warm :) I'm staying in tonight.
papercutheart

Re:

Postby The Bitter Historian on Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:29 pm

Okay, I know I'm bleating on about this, but is anyone else having heating issues with it coming on at completely random hours? We seem to get a blast of heat from 7-8am, nothing until 2-3pm, and then a couple of intermittant hours in the evening.

Have the university decided to freeze us out(I write this message before I decamp into the kitchen, where we can at least put the oven on) and make these the heating hours for everyone, or do I need to report this?

[hr]

The Bitter Historian

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:09 pm

Those times (although not exactly those that mention but near enough) are uni wide policy.

When my heat broke down we:

1. Filled our kettle, opened the lid, and let it boil.
2. Put every cooker ring, the oven and the grill on.
3. Marvelled in the tropical climate of the house.

Only broke down once in 4 years though.

P.S.

If you can find some way of getting into the upstairs cupboard (i.e asking the porter to open it so you can store luggage there) then you can adjust the heating to be on 24 hours per day.

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:10 pm

Quoting The Bitter Historian from 12:29, 22nd Feb 2007
do I need to report this?

Report it. It's worth getting it checked out. Things go wrong sometimes and nothing can happen about if the people who can do something about it don't know there's a problem.

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:44 pm

Yeay - the heatings broken again!
papercutheart

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:22 pm

Yeay - free food!
papercutheart

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:22 pm

Those times aren't right. It's supposed to be more like 6.30-9am and 4.30-10.30pm, with possibly an hour's boost at lunch time in February and March.

Return to Fife Park