Home

TheSinner.net

My Life is Now Complete!

Doctor Who Society board

My Life is Now Complete!

Postby Jono on Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:48 pm

I'll level with you all. I didn't like Doctor Who this time around for the sole reason it was lacking one important ingredient. I think you all know what that was.

As of now, that ingredient has been added. I can only describe my feelings thus; If I was a pregnant woman, I would have had a miscarriage after today’s episode.

That is all...

*JUMPS AND SCREAMS(like a girl) IN HAPPINESS!*

[hr]

Exclusive to The Sinner, and all other fora.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby Thalia on Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:23 pm

I missed Jack :-)

All that WWI/WWII stuff and the old lover Jack had in that one episode make a lot more sense now that I know he was trapped in the past - for some reason it didn't occur to me that he could have been stuck in time - i thought he chose the 21st century and had just (very oddly) done a lot of time travelling and adventuring on earth during the 20th C. Though i still don't understand why they downplayed the 51st C conman part of Jack's history in Torchwood, perhaps they'll bring it up next series.

Unless of course, they felt like cancelling Torchwood and just keeping Jack in Doctor Who - that would just be ace ^-^ But considering the doctor thinks he's 'wrong' and the tardis doesn't even like him now, i don't think it's likely :-P

And YAY - I knew he was the Master!

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Pan on Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:28 pm

Was I the only one that thought that Jack and his whole "i love men, women, animals and whatever for sex" was overdone just a *tad*?

Can't wait till next Saturday!

[hr]

"Last time you gave me a pie, I cut into it, and birds flew out of it, hitting me in the face and chin. I was confused. It was a trick pie"
Pan

Re:

Postby Thalia on Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:25 pm

I thought it was funny the way the doctor kept telling him off for saying 'hello' but perhaps i'm easily amused :-D

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby orudge on Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:46 pm

Quoting Pan from 18:28, 18th Jun 2007
Was I the only one that thought that Jack and his whole "i love men, women, animals and whatever for sex" was overdone just a *tad*?

It annoyed me a little bit, but then, that's pretty much one of the main things that annoyed me about Torchwood full stop. Apart from that, stonking episode I thought, rather looking forward to next week. :D

[hr]

http://www.owenrudge.net/
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37103734
orudge
Administrator

Re:

Postby Senethro on Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:07 pm

I would have preferred Derek Jacobi as the Master :<

His eyes, so evil!

This has been a long time in coming and eagerly anticipating next episode.
Senethro

Re:

Postby Colleen on Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:17 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/ ... ndex.shtml

Scream of the Shalka - featuring Derek Jacobi as the Master.(Sort of.) Half the reason that Saturday night's few glorious moments were much more fun!

Whilst you're there, Shada is great fun too. I have totally not re-enacted the punting scene or the chase scene. (Currently staying in Cambridge.) Honest. Ahem.

[hr]

taking shots for mother nature
just a twinge of cosmic angst
Colleen

Re:

Postby Frank on Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:30 pm

Whilst we're linking in the animated ones, I was half hoping that the Professor would be Professor Chronotis from Shada. I mean, sure, it'd be great to have the Master around, but we could have both!

Good episode. Not as good as Blink or Dalek or whatnot, but, damnably high up there for the final third of the episode. First two-thirds was a bit...emm...boring. But the rest of it was tremendous.

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby Pan on Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:52 pm

Having got over the Wooo and squeee-ness of the master- I'm intruiged about Utopia!

[hr]

"Last time you gave me a pie, I cut into it, and birds flew out of it, hitting me in the face and chin. I was confused. It was a trick pie"
Pan

Re:

Postby Frank on Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:17 am

Quoting Pan from 23:52, 19th Jun 2007
Having got over the Wooo and squeee-ness of the master- I'm intruiged about Utopia!

Gallifrey. They're taking the last humans to Gallifrey!

I'm positive we'll see Gallifrey before the series is out. Which, incidentally, makes me want to watch that good scene from the Runaway Bride, y'know, the first time he says Gallifrey...

(Note: I'm guessing its Gallifrey, it's (AFAIK) not a spoiler)

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby orudge on Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:20 pm

Another good episode tonight, was nice to see some images of Gallifrey in there too! Was poking through the Harold Saxon web site too, interesting to see that the character of his wife apparently studied at St Andrews. :P

http://www.haroldsaxon.co.uk/lucysaxon.shtml

[hr]

orudge
Administrator

Re:

Postby Colleen on Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:04 pm

Well, she did go to Roedean but is a 'bit stupid.' Isn't that meant to be the main demographic of us St Andreans?

AHAHAHAHA THAT WAS SO GOOD. Ahem.

[hr]

taking shots for mother nature
just a twinge of cosmic angst
Colleen

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:27 pm

I wonder if this finale is gonna go the same as the last one, where the companion ends up rescuing the doctor and the world from certain doom?

[hr]

--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby orudge on Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:18 pm

Russell T. Davis does seem to like using "unleash millions of [evil creature/alien]" as part of his finales, it has to be said. You'd think the people of Earth would have been a bit better prepared for a full-scale invasion this time round, after what happened last year. ;)

[hr]

orudge
Administrator

Re:

Postby Pan on Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:48 pm

What happened to the people going to Utopia? the escape from the future was a bit of a cop out if you ask me. :(

But a great episode otherwise.

[hr]

Pan

Re:

Postby Timata on Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:01 am

Quoting Pan from 00:48, 24th Jun 2007
What happened to the people going to Utopia? the escape from the future was a bit of a cop out if you ask me. :(

But a great episode otherwise.

[hr]

It did seem a bit too easy. I expected at least 15 mins on trying to work out how to get back.

Maybe they'll go back to Utopia, in a few years :P
Timata

Re:

Postby Frank on Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:19 am

Running theory...

- Toclafane are the disembodied remains/whatever of the Time Lords
- Time Lords are, and as we knew, have been bastards. It's the Doctor that's the good one, but it's not at all beyond belief that the likes of the Rani, the Meddling Monk, the Master and that cheeky president from the Five Doctors were far more common than Doctor-esque Time Lords
- The Time Lords finally decided to break their Temporal Time Directive (whatever) when it transpired that their very existence was under threat and that the reason the Doctor didn't have any problems unleashing a Delta Wave on them and the Daleks was that they were just as bad as each other (eg Time Lords and Daleks were both gits).
- And now the Time Lords are back as these toclafane chappies
- The Doctor now has to fight off the Time Lords *and* The Wrath of CAAN!
- So the Time Lords resurrected the Master, eh? Given the Doctor's old policy on 'the dead stay dead for good reasons' I can't help but think there'll be a spot of a twist about
- It seems the Doctor definately isn't Rassilon. :( If he went to the TL Academy alongside the Master, we'd probably notice if he'd...y'know...helped invent Time Lord society...
- The Doctor could still be Rassilon in the future ;)
- EDIT: Also, I'm still sure Utopia is Gallifrey...

Anyway, another few little interesting tidbits:
- Not all Gallifreyans are Time Lords, finally confirmed
- The Doctor and the Master chose their names, and they don't appear to be academic-inspired titles as often alluded, rather strictly an MD and a Master of...stuff...
- I was so hopeful that the Master using Lazarus' de-aging technology would be used to 'de-age' the Doctor into a past incarnation. But alas no...
- Stuff. I forget now. But I'm listening to the DW soundtrack so...

[hr]

Frank

Re:

Postby orudge on Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:43 pm

Hmm, I don't know if anyone's seen Gordon Brown's speech from outside Number 10, but I couldn't help thinking of Saxon's "and now let the work of government begin" when Brown said "and now let the work of change begin"... is there something about Gordon Brown we don't know? :P

[hr]

orudge
Administrator

Re:

Postby Timata on Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:12 pm

Well, thats the Utopia issue sorted out nicely. Thats what happens when u win a blue peter competition - you end up inside a little metal ball with only a head.

That whole everyone thinking of the Doctor at the same time had too many similarities to Peter Pan to be not laughable. I couldn't help thinking of all the children in the world saying 'I do believe in fairies' :P

What did everyone else think of the finale?
Timata

Re:

Postby orudge on Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:07 pm

I rather enjoyed the finale, although I also found the "everybody think of the Doctor" thing a little far-fetched. :P Some interesting revelations - the Face of Boe anyone? And, of course, The Master isn't really dead! I'm also curious as to how much Martha Jones is going to be present in the next series, if at all? I read that the BBC is apparently going to make an announcement regarding her tomorrow.

[hr]

orudge
Administrator

Next

Return to DocSoc