Home

TheSinner.net

Sontarans and Ood

Doctor Who Society board

Sontarans and Ood

Postby Timata on Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:16 pm

BBC News now has a overview of what we're going to see in next Doctor Who series:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7076705.stm

- this is what you find when you're supposed to be writing an essay
Timata

...and Rose

Postby Timata on Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:22 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7114699.stm

- but its ok, she's only going to be in three episodes
Timata

Re:

Postby Colleen on Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:07 pm

Today I dropped my phone in a mop bucket, making it irreparable; I have Done Something Odd to my car keys meaning that until I get the spare set I have to walk to work in the dreezing cold and dark; I have got a bad mark on an essay.

And I'm most upset about this. Sorry to sound so serious about all this because this is meant to be a fun messageboard, but this is basically just bringing back St Bloody Rose to basically invalidate any emotional attachment you'll have to any other companion. These three episodes better basically be Rose realising that her attachment to the Doctor is unhealthy, and the Doctor realising that Martha is clearly the best in all the world.

Of course, if they bring back Jackie too I might forgive all.

[hr]

taking shots for mother nature
just a twinge of cosmic angst
Colleen

Re:

Postby Frank on Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:52 pm

Rose! God damnit.

Unless they plan on resurrecting the Time Lords and basically just destroying everything emotionally powerful in the series, then I can't see how they can do this well.

Quoting Colleen from 16:07, 27th Nov 2007
And I'm most upset about this. Sorry to sound so serious about all this because this is meant to be a fun messageboard, but this is basically just bringing back St Bloody Rose to basically invalidate any emotional attachment you'll have to any other companion. These three episodes better basically be Rose realising that her attachment to the Doctor is unhealthy, and the Doctor realising that Martha is clearly the best in all the world.

Martha is definately not the best in all the world. Anyhow, I've thought of an interesting way for her to come back: by them actually going ahead with the idea of having a 'four Doctors' thing or whatever the latest idea was (McCoy to Tennant). There were tantalising (if somewhat seemingly far fetched) hints about revisiting the Time War (and even seeing the McGann-Eccleston regeneration), as well as other bits and bobs.

It was interesting enough, IMO, but a bit far fetched.

Of course, it might be the case that the Time Lords from Pete's (Rose's new) universe break into ours...

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Also, some years later:
"here we are arguing about a few uppity troublemakers with a bee in their bonnet and a conspiracy theory."
Frank

Re:

Postby Timata on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:14 pm

Quoting Colleen from 16:07, 27th Nov 2007
Today I dropped my phone in a mop bucket, making it irreparable; I have Done Something Odd to my car keys meaning that until I get the spare set I have to walk to work in the dreezing cold and dark; I have got a bad mark on an essay.

Sorry to ruin your day even further :(

These three episodes better basically be Rose realising that her attachment to the Doctor is unhealthy, and the Doctor realising that Martha is clearly the best in all the world.

Of course, if they bring back Jackie too I might forgive all.

She might really die this time...hopefully...or maybe not, but I don't think I can cope with another sentimental goodbye as she once again has to be left in another world.

It would be more fun if it was her and Eccleston, but I can't see how that would work - she'd have to remember it, so he would have had to explain the regeneration thing earlier, so she would know about that...this makes my head hurt, and I'm confident the writers can find some way around it anyway
Timata

Re:

Postby Frank on Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:20 am

Quoting Timata from 19:14, 27th Nov 2007
It would be more fun if it was her and Eccleston, but I can't see how that would work - she'd have to remember it, so he would have had to explain the regeneration thing earlier, so she would know about that...this makes my head hurt, and I'm confident the writers can find some way around it anyway

Wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff. Amusingly, I suppose, if they were from the Parallel-Universe, it could be Rose who is the Time Lord and Eccleston the human along for the ride...

No, woops, sorry...bad idea. She could always fall and hit her head soon afterwards.

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Also, some years later:
"here we are arguing about a few uppity troublemakers with a bee in their bonnet and a conspiracy theory."
Frank

Re:

Postby thePontificator on Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:57 pm

I hope she's the series 4 super villain.

That would be class. Martha could save the day Mrs Weasley style by kicking her into the void while shouting 'Get away from my Doctor...BITCH!'

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease let them do that.

[hr]

Just in case you're reading this tomorrow, remember that I wrote it yesterday.
thePontificator

Return to DocSoc