Home

TheSinner.net

New Hall

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

New Hall

Postby Nicola on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Hi ive just found out im gonna be in a shared room in New Hall during my first year. What is the hall like?, what about the food?(im pretty fussy).
Thanx in advance
Nicola x
Nicola

New hall shared room

Postby tamsyn on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Hey i was also in a shared room in New hall in my first year-i was in a bunk bed room and it was tiny but luckily i was with a girl who i got on with really well,then after placing a request to move we transferred to a huge double doublebed room which was really good fun with loads of space to move and spread out in.So it all depends,but New hall is a nice hall with a friendly foyer and common room to hang out in-as it is a large hall you will meet loads of people.Im sure you will enjoy it but if you are in a small bunkbed room look into requesting for a move when a room becomes vacant.
tamsyn

Re:

Postby ex new haller on Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:31 am

Just survived a year in New Hole, it's big, and yes it is modern and tidy....but it seemed soul-less to me...big long daunting ccorridors.....didn't have any kind of communal atmosphere whatsoever and the large number of residents soon splits into small groups of likeminded people...can't complain about the year i had or anything in particular. the food hmmmm it is edible a lot of the time, but it isn't great, but for what you pay for the privelage you couldn't expect much more...theres always a shop and well equipped kitchens if your not satisfied letting you cook for yourself...looking forward to aa better experience in smaller hall next year.......
ex new haller

Re:

Postby Thackary on Tue Sep 17, 2002 5:05 pm

Surely groups of likeminded people are a good thing?

Groups of people all with the same interests aren't good for community spirit among the whole hall, but there's nothing wrong with groups of likeminded people, as long as there is a good spread of external activities among them.
Thackary

Return to The Students' Association (Union)