Home

TheSinner.net

All the Fife Parkers

Please feel free to discuss any matters surrounding Fife Park. If you have any problems please e-mail the moderator of this board.

All the Fife Parkers

Postby TC on Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:53 pm

I agreed with Thalia that we should all talk a lot more, because we hardly all know each other and all the other message boards seem to be doing so well.
so Id like to introduce myself and say hi to everyone, and to get to know you better Ill ask a few questions:

Where are you from?
Are there a lot of Scottich people here?
Any Glaswegians? If so which area?
Anyone here who applied to Oxford and/or Cambridge?
What kind of music do you all listen to?
Sports interests?
TC

Re:

Postby Thalia on Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:59 pm

Where are you from?
Sports interests?

Hehe, i guess i get to be the first to reply, yay ^_^

I'm from a small town called Stewarton, near Glasgow - it's on the trainline between Glasgow and Kilmarnock, if you know that area ^_^

Um...yeah...i applied to Cambridge, i admit it - one of my best friends even goes there now ^^;; But i'm not all that academically focussed so it probably wasn't such a hot idea anyway ^_-

I generally tell people that if music has an electric guitar and a drum kit in it then it's on the right tracks for being accepted into my music collection...but i like quite a lot of music...except for, like, dance and cheesey pop - although i do admit to going to the bop most weekends and, as my nickname 'dancing girl' suggests, i will dance to anything if the mood takes me ^_-

Sports? What are these things you speak of? Sounds far too energetic for me ;-)
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Kirstin on Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:36 pm

Well, I guess I’ll be sociable! I’m from Northern Ireland and applied to neither Oxford nor Cambridge. I just immediately liked the look of St Andrews and they have a great Physics department. I’m very fond of cheesy music, Englebert Humperdink, Abba and the Bee Gees feature prominently in my music collection.

I think I share Thalia’s opinion on sports. A little yoga on occasion but anything more energetic, ick! ;)

What about yourself? (or indeed anyone else who may be reading)
I meant what I said and I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful one-hundred percent.
Kirstin

Re:

Postby otsegolectric on Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:34 am

Hi there, since I'm moving into Fife Park next semester thought it'd be nice to at least chat to folk on the message board. I'm Scottish, fortunately I'm not Glaswegian :p. Didn't apply to oxford/cambridge. For music, if it rocks then I'll listen to it. As for sports, nope...
otsegolectric

Hi All

Postby Alex Muir on Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:47 pm

I am Alex, I'm from Manchester and never applied to any university apart from St Andrews. I love the place, although it does have its faults!

It's nice to see people talking on this message board finally! Would anyone like a film night next year, or even this week if we could rustle up a christmassy DVD? There will be no problems getting the Strachan suite, and I've got a projector.

As for music, my taste is quite frankly attrocious! I am rather fond of my cheesy music, crap dance and oldies.
Alex Muir

Re:

Postby g on Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:10 pm

Where are you from?
Sports interests?

Hello, I'm Graeme.

I'm from a wee village, just west of Inverness. Didn't apply to Oxbridge, I applied to here, Edinburgh and Aberdeen. Decided to come here because it wasn't a big city.

Not into sports, but I really do like my music. Will listen to almost anything once, except R&B and Hip-Hop. My favourite genres are House, Rock, and Cheesy Pop (I kinda have to like it since I DJ the Bop!).

Also, I'm the RCR for Fife Park, so if you e-mail ITS with any computer problems, the chances are I'll get sent to fix them!

That's it from me, I look forward to reading more from other people.

g
g

Re:

Postby off he goes on Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:25 pm

i`m andy, and you`ll probably see me transporting a few truckloads of rubbish from my house to the bins over the next few hours :(

i`m from preston and applied to warwick, here and some others ive forgotten. i quite like football but i`m a bit too lazy at the moment.

i like most music really, tho alt rock and grunge most of all, and i also play the guitar very badly and much to the annoyance of the hardworking medic in the next room :S

oh yeah and everyone should go to the party tomorrow at 28, but try to bring some alcohol if you can!

right, back to cleaning... :(

[hr]sheets of empty canvas
untouched sheets of clay
off he goes

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:14 am

you're the RCR for fife park? well graeme, can you get round to house 18, room 2 when you're back and fix a computer there please.

Re:

Postby g on Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:32 pm

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 19:57, 24th Dec 2003:
you're the RCR for fife park? well graeme, can you get round to house 18, room 2 when you're back and fix a computer there please.

Sorry, I've only just noticed this message. If you're still having problems, please e-mail me at the address on this page:

http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/lis/help/re ... tact.shtml

I'll be back in St Andrews this weekend.

g
g

I guess its my turn now!

Postby TC on Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:06 am

Hey everyone, I am Scottish, glaswegian unfortunately, and i didnt apply to oxbridge, just here, Aberdeen Stirling, Strathclyde, and Glasgow. I used to come here on holiday a lot when I was wee so I jumped at the chance to study here - just like a holiday really!
Musically Im quite open minded, rock(not too heavy) R'n'B (anything thats got a good beat to get you dancing) classical, some dance, but not hardcore rave, what i like to call "ned music"
Sports wise I'll do anything! Ive climbed mountains and all sorts! But my faves are badminton, cycling, and a little bit of martial arts. Id love to do a skydive at some point.

Well thats all about me, looking forward to hearing everyone else.

ps.glad to see there are Irish here, but where are the Welsh?
TC

Re:

Postby Idealist on Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:34 pm

TC... there is nothing unfortunate about being a Glasweigan ;-) ! lol!

Hey all! I didn't apply to oxbridge. I don't really play sports as much as I used to, or as much as I should. As for my taste in music, well my friend (apparently!) gave me the fantastic title of 'cheese merchant' so that should giv u a fairly good idea! Although I do like most types of music, which includes cheesy pop!

well, thats all folks!
XxXxXxXxX
[s]"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"[/s]
Idealist

Hey yall

Postby Rectalprobe on Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:06 pm

I just moved here from DRH and thot i mite aswell join in the fun

Im Graeme (different from the rcr) and im scotish

Im second year but this is my fiorst year staying in halls, as i live close enuff that i travelled everyday in first year!!!

I love livin here thyo, and i annoy my flat mates with nethin that is rock music that i like - mostly new age shit tho.

Whos next????
Rectalprobe

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:03 pm

hey , i'm Melissa

I lived in Regs last year and I live here (you would never have guessed!) this year!

I love Westlife! (sad but true!!)

I come from Belfast and I am studying English and French.

I applied to Christs College, Cambridge, and although I was made an AAA offer, I ended up with ABB and ended up here!! But I'm happy about that! I also applied to Queen's Belfast, Ulster, Edinburgh and Durham! But I'm glad I ended up in good old Fife Park!!

Well enough crap about me!

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:03 pm

Hey im scottish and glaswegian as well (there's quite a lot of us!)

I like pretty much any sport and any music.

thats all!

Re:

Postby Kriedmar on Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:58 pm

Heya,

I'm scottish too, live about 30 mins south of Glasgow.

Study, well pretend to, Russian, German and Psychology.

Am 1 of the apparently "Hardcore Fifeparkers" because I'm at the pub most nights, but this is the opinion of a new hall light weight so maybe not to be taken seriously (but really tho, Alex, u can be a honorary Fifeparker).

Way too lazy to apply to Camford, and i'm 1 of those people who has to explain what indie music is when sum1 asks what kind of music i like. Sporting interest include darts, pool, lifting glass to mouth and occsionaly rolling over in my bed :D

In the words of Porky Pig : T-T-That's all folks!

[hr]The reason I'm holding on to the floor of the pub is that if I let go, I shall slide off of the world.
The reason I'm holding on to the floor of the pub is that if I let go, I shall slide off of the world.
Kriedmar

Re:

Postby Kriedmar on Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:30 pm

This thread seems to have come to nothing....... not even a Fife park party....... ah well, I reckon we scared TC off :D

[hr]The reason I'm holding on to the floor of the pub is that if I let go, I shall slide off of the world.
The reason I'm holding on to the floor of the pub is that if I let go, I shall slide off of the world.
Kriedmar

Re:

Postby otsegolectric on Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:28 am

hey, if you want to host a party I won't stop you!

[hr]"Brian theres a message in my Alpha Bits!! It says 'ooooo!'"

"Peter, those are Cheerios."
otsegolectric

Re:

Postby forgotten my password on Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:28 pm

tonight sounds good to me :)
forgotten my password

Re:

Postby Thalia on Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:02 pm

He can't host a party tonite, he's going to the bop and so's Richard - hehehe...one day soon u'll find them both saying how much they like it too - i will corrupt them to my way of thinking, i will, i will, i will!! >:-)
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Return to Fife Park