Home

TheSinner.net

Accountability

Welcome to the Union message board. Here's your opportunity to tell us what you think of what we're doing on your behalf. Enjoy! - Oli Walker, Head of Media, Marketing and Design, http://www.YourUnion.netPlease post any requests for advice (about anything) on The Sinner's ADVICE board. Ta!

Accountability

Postby puzzled on Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:59 pm

I know that the Union constitution is now, at long last, on the web site, but when (if ever) are the accounts going to be placed on the web site?
It seems faintly ridiculous that such basic information is not there.
puzzled

Re:

Postby Ben Spiers on Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:22 pm

[s]puzzled wrote on 15:59, 4th Mar 2004:
I know that the Union constitution is now, at long last, on the web site, but when (if ever) are the accounts going to be placed on the web site?
It seems faintly ridiculous that such basic information is not there.

The accounts are quite huge, since we produce monthly, quarterly and annual accounts. Thay rea always available in hard copy from the General Office (middle floor of the Union).

I shalll have a little investigation into at least putting the annual audited accounts online.
Ben Spiers

Re:

Postby Marco Biagi on Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:27 pm

As a publicly-recognised charity, if you really want to know, just put in a request in writing. I can't remember how long it is (maybe 4 weeks?), but the most recent audited accounts have to be supplied.
Marco Biagi

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:09 am

[s]Ben Spiers wrote on 17:22, 4th Mar 2004:
The accounts are quite huge, since we produce monthly, quarterly and annual accounts.

The definitive annual accounts can not be so large as to be impossible to place online.

Re:

Postby Simon Atkins on Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:03 pm

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 17:53, 8th Apr 2004:
The definitive annual accounts can not be so large as to be impossible to place online.

I think Ben was thinking of having more than just the Annual Accounts online which could take a bit of time to set up initially but once that was set up as a system should be fairly simple.
Simon Atkins

Re:

Postby Ben Spiers on Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:43 pm

Right - a little update.

Having established that we do not keep the audited accounts (a four page summary with approximately 12 pages of explanation / breakdown) electronically, since they are supplied to us by the auditors in hard copy only, I am pursuing two options:

1) Contacting the auditors to get an e-mailed copy

2) Scanning in the paper copy (can't get a single bloody scanner in the whole building to work).

Hopefully, they will be online soon.

Are there any other documents that people think should be online?
Ben Spiers

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:05 am

[s]Ben Spiers wrote on 16:43, 13th Apr 2004:
Are there any other documents that people think should be online?

Any document that can be obtained by asking for it in the general office should be on line as well.

Return to The Students' Association (Union)