Home

TheSinner.net

RockySoc?

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

RockySoc?

Postby Logs on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

I was thinking about this the other day and I thought... 'what the hell, I'll just see what everyone else thinks,' so here I am!

I was just wondering how many Rocky Horror fans are out there, and if they think that a Rocky Horror Society (RockySoc) would be a good idea?

It would be great to hear what you all think....
Cheers
Logs

Re:

Postby medea on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

I think its a great idea - just look at how many people go to the late night cinema when they show the RHPS.

I'll definately join if it gets started up next year.
medea

Re:

Postby janeicec on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

that'd be fun
janeicec

Re:

Postby James Baster on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

I'd go for it, but unfortunetly due to academic work in my 4th year I wouldnt want to volunteer to do a webpage or help organise or anything. But I'd join.
James Baster

Re:

Postby Emma on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Oh hell yeah! IT's just a jump to the General Office, and then the steps to affiliation....

Sorry, it's late and I've had too much caffeine. I'm matching up to Marco now for caffeinatedness. And I was the one who tried to start a sweepstake on the likelihood of him starting to crush Pro-Plus with a razor blade and snort it...

Anyway, the thought makes me quiver with antici

*SAY IT!*

...pation...
Just so long as I can be Columbia.
Incidentally, I don't mean to hurt anybody's head, but did you all hear that Marcus Booth was playing Eddie in a production of RHPS down South, with Magnus Jardine-Brown as Frank N Furter? It's the truth, Magnus told me himself. Sorry kids, (Hot patootie, bless my soul! I really love that...etc. Ha ha ha ha)
Emma

Re:

Postby Thackary on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

I've heard from both of them that it's been cancelled. Perhaps York just can't cope with that much exposed flesh...
Thackary

Advice?

Postby LJ on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

That's great that some of you are interested!!!

I'm new to this sort of thing, so I was wondering if any of you could offer me some advice on how to get the whole RockySoc thing up and running.

Any help would be great!

LJ (formerly Logs - I've registered now!)
LJ

ELBOW SEX

Postby Belladonna on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

I'd join!
Belladonna

Re:

Postby triple ? on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

emma is on crack
triple ?

Re:

Go to the union and ask about setting up a new society in the general office. They'll put you in touch with the societies officer.

Alternatively, you can email socs@st-and.ac.uk and ask for information direct.
Thackary

Re:

Postby James Baster on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Not that I've ever done it but its really not to hard from what I've seen.

And if you go for it now, Xander might let you squeeze a stall into the societys fayre next year; that would be a huge boost. (The deadline was yesterday)
James Baster

Re:

I did email the society people but as yet I've not heard anything from them. I'm presuming that I'm too late for next year's society fayre.

Just wondering... do I need to have a certain number of people signed up before the union will accept the society?
LJ

Re:

Postby armareum on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

about 20 i think.
armareum

?

Postby janeicec on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Would the people running it get to be designated characters (ie president = Dr Frank-N-Furter) and the other members just conventionists?
janeicec

Re:

That kind of thing happened for the Star Wars Society, although we subsequently realised that it was rather sad to each have a character name, and allocated the members with a Stormtrooper ID.

Would anyone be interested if we revamped Star Wars Soc?

If so, I'll see if we can sort out a couple of events for next year, including a big quiz shortly after Freshers' Week.
Thackary

Character names

I think it would be quite a cool idea to give the committee members cast names! However, some people may suffer withdrawl symptoms if they weren't re-elected and could no longer be Frank'n'furter etc! I'll have a think though. We've missed the deadline for the societies fayre, so I think we'll get the whole thing sorted out just after the summer, and also some of the work done over the summer. This isn't really the best time of year to try and recruit members either.
LJ

Actually...

Postby Socs Officer on Mon Jan 01, 1990 12:00 pm

Your omnipresent socs officer here... (still working on the omnipotent part)
The deadline for Societies Fayre Applications is actually Friday the 24th of May hence you can still get a stall, however if you need a little more time getting stuff together then I may be able to sort something out.
Email me if you wish to talk further and James, at least get the deadlines right if you are going to post them. Monday's deadline was for Accounts and Minutes from affiliated societies.

All the best
Your ever watchful Societies Officer
Socs Officer

Email address?

I was just wondering what your email address is... am I right in thinking that it's socs@st-and.ac.uk ?

I did e-mail that, but it wouldn't let me email from the Union website so I wasn't sure.

Thanx
LJ

Re:

Something wrong with the union website?
Thackary

Re:

Think there might be... well, with their automatic email address thingy. Is that the right address to e-mail though?
LJ

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board