Home

TheSinner.net

FAO new Doctor Who fans

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

FAO new Doctor Who fans

Postby grousefanatic on Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:10 pm

The BBC are going all out...

http://www.badwolf.org.uk

Supposedly there is music but as I am in a public place I can't listen to it.

I am going to be really disappointed if the revelation of the Bad Wolf is naff.

Do you think it'll be revealedat the end of this series, or will be a continued theme throughout?

[hr]

veni vidi nates calce concidi - i came, i saw, i kicked ass
grousefanatic

Re:

Postby Gealle on Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:13 pm

Goodness sake,

It doesn't take a genius to realise BadWolf is Davros, that Davros is Adam, and that the Time War from this season is not definitive, as RTD already said.

By the way, get ready to see the tenth doctor...
So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

"I make sure the shit stays off the fan."
Gealle

Re:

Postby grousefanatic on Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:15 pm

As an addition, go to the disclaimer page then click on the GeComtex link - their support "answers" are quite amusing...

Oh my, two thing are clear...

1) I am quite the nerd hehe

2) I have too much time on my hands.

[hr]

grousefanatic

Re:

Postby Dardar on Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:48 pm

Okay, okay, if I ever had any credibility in my time at St Andrews I am about to lose it for simply knowing something like this, but to actually write it down and publicise it on a public web board - all I can say is I am one sad lonely individual....

... but if Adam does turn out to be Davros I will be very disappointed because in the Genesis of the Daleks, where Davros is first introduced on his home planet of Skaro, he shows ignorance about even the existence of any other 'alien' life forms. Therefore Adam can't be Davros as he WOULD know surely know that life existed off Skaro…. or at the very least of homo sapiens because he would be one!

I think I'm just going to go and put my head in a bag now.

ps. Did anyone else see on the BBC website that Captain Jack's favourite crisp is 'Smokey bacon'? Three little pigs anyone?

pps. On the Big Bad Wolf website you mentioned, go to the disclaimer and highlight the text (and a little bit beyond it as well)... you'll see why.
Dardar

Re:

Postby Cain on Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:58 pm

I haven't been watching Doctor Who since the first episode of the new sieries (more a case of not bothering than not wanting to), but i have been following it to a small extent.

I'm very impressed at the marketing the BBC have done for this on the internet. Very clever stuff, like http://www.whoisdoctorwho.co.uk/ and the Bad Wolf site. shame about the spooky music on it that freaks me out.

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby Gealle on Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:04 pm

Let me point you to Remembrance of the Daleks:

Doctor to Davros:

blah blah blah, shaken off the last vestages of your humanity, blah blah blah...

Besides, there's a little clue in Genesis of the Daleks. Genesis. Adam.

Oh, and the TRANSMAT beam in Bad Wolf... WHERE do you think it was beaming to? SKARO!
So someone asked me "What is it you do?". I thought about it for a minute. Then I thought about it a little more. All the while I probably looked like I was staring in to space, struggling for an answer. And I was. There was only one response I could really give.

Gealle

Re:

Postby ARTooD2 on Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:50 pm

But In Genesis it says Davros is a Kaled. Surely That is the overriding fact no? Also, if davros IS Adam, How does Adam GET from 21st century Earth to Skarro in the first place?

[hr]

'What did you say, my boy? It's all over? That's what you said... but it isn't at all. It's far from being all over...'
King Sinner
ARTooD2

Re:

Postby Gealle on Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:01 pm

Just because a race is known as the Kaled doesn't make their genetics any less human.

How does Adam get to Skaro? He has 200,000 years of human history POST 21st Century to draw on.

Besides, Davros' third 'eye' has never actually been shown to be biological... Oh... Cor blimey! Didn't Adam have that little implant in his forehead?

Gealle

Re:

Postby ARTooD2 on Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:14 pm

In genesis it also says that Sarah and Harry's Genetic make up is different from the Kaleds...He cannot remember any of the future history as the doctor destroyed the answering machine and how does one change an implant that opens up the forehead into an eye?

[hr]

'What did you say, my boy? It's all over? That's what you said... but it isn't at all. It's far from being all over...'
King Sinner
ARTooD2

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:11 am

The problem is that those arguing for the - wholly more reasonable - that Adam isn't Davros have forgotten one over-riding fact.

THIS SERIES IS UTTER SHIT.

When you remember that it's written by a bunch of hacks who would rather have a show based on Big Brother/Weakest Link/Those two lesbian skanks than something GOOD. Well, it becomes painfully clear.

Not to mention that Adam has seen Daleks - but that really fails to explain why/how he gets to Skaro, why he makes the Daleks, why he wants to destroy Earth. I mean, sure I'd be pissed off by someone sending me back to my time - but really, would he want to lead a genocidal race just for that?

Suffice to say, if Adam is Davros - there are going to be a lot of sudden deaths. Not only that but I can say that Sylvester McCoy enjoyed a higher quality of scripts/ideas.

They haven't left Earth AT ALL. There have been a staggering total of 3 locations - London, Cardiff, the space station.

[hr]

IMAGE:www.btinternet.com/~brother.war/white10-2.gif
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby grousefanatic on Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:42 am

Quoting Prophet Tenebrae from 11:11, 13th Jun 2005
The problem is that those arguing for the - wholly more reasonable - that Adam isn't Davros have forgotten one over-riding fact.

THIS SERIES IS UTTER SHIT.

Oh, it's harmless fun - a bit of free imagination for a Saturday night. The original Doctor Who was never known for its brilliant dialogue and wonderful storylines, or indeed its special effects - I like the way it all looks tacky and basic, as it's in the true Doctor Who spirit.

[hr]

grousefanatic

Re:

Postby Prophet Tenebrae on Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:50 am

It's quite funny that they spend so much money on something that looks so tacky though.

[hr]

IMAGE:www.btinternet.com/~brother.war/white10-2.gif
Prophet Tenebrae

Re:

Postby Paranoid on Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:44 pm

Have to say I'd never watched Dr. Who before this series, and I thought the first few episodes were really SH*TE! But now I must admit I'm pretty much hooked.

The contemporary slant would obviously rile some hardcore fans, but I guess it needs to be done to gain the interest of kids today, the next series might tone down a bit...

Final note: Have to agree with earlier comment on the lack of variety in worlds. With all the documentaries on past series etc, the sets look far more interesting and exciting than what we've had so far...ho hum

[hr]

..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
..I've got this pain down all the diodes on my left side...
Paranoid

Re:

Postby grousefanatic on Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:09 pm

Quoting Paranoid from 21:44, 13th Jun 2005
Final note: Have to agree with earlier comment on the lack of variety in worlds.

I think there was a series or two of Doctor Who where the Doctor was exiled to Earth, but people feel free to correct me...

[hr]

grousefanatic

Re:

Postby Dardar on Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:26 pm

No no, indeed you are correct. The earlier series of Jon Pertwee were indeed set on Earth as the Doctor was exiled there by the timelords as a punishment for stealing his (the) TARDIS and interfering with the universe at large... God, I need to get out more. I blame it all on my parents.

I agree that it's a little disappointing not see anything completely otherworldly. I guess the production team thought that Cardiff was alien enough to most people. They had a point.
Dardar

Re:

Postby Devilzchild on Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:11 pm

As a huge doctor who fan - am i the only one who thought that this new doctor who series has been full of mis-continuities from well known doctor who facts.

Has anyone else noticed that they seem to be building up suspense then seem to be rushing the conclusion in the last 10 mins..

Damn shame - don't get me strarted on billy piper!!

I say forget making anymore crappy new series and bring back the old series!!
Devilzchild

Re:

Postby ARTooD2 on Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:32 pm

Doctor Who is quite possibly the best Television Srial ever made...However I do agree that this series (The 27th NOT 1st) Is rather crap and full of mis-continuities...but meh...who am I to critiscise...Its still doctor who and I'll still watch it :-(...

[hr]

King Sinner
ARTooD2

Re:

Postby ARTooD2 on Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:46 pm

Well Battle star Galactica the original series was great...galactica 1980 was shit,...but the new one was just as bad...

[hr]

King Sinner
ARTooD2

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:43 am

Whatever draws the ratings

Re:

Postby grousefanatic on Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:37 am

Quoting Dardar from 23:26, 13th Jun 2005
The earlier series of Jon Pertwee were indeed set on Earth as the Doctor was exiled there by the timelords as a punishment for stealing his (the) TARDIS and interfering with the universe at large...

I thought it was Jon Pertwee, but I did not dare write that in case I got lambasted by a uberfan, though it seems that you are that person, Dardar :P

[hr]

grousefanatic

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board