Home

TheSinner.net

Computer Labs

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Computer Labs

Postby dusty on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:15 pm

Does anyone know which computer labs are open over the summer?

I'm dissertation writing and after the library closes both Butts Wynd and the Irvine Computer Lab seem to be closed.

Anyone know why? I seem to remember them being open last summer.

The library is fine during the day, but as deadlines approach, a place to work in the evenings and weekends is proving hard to find!

Cheers
dusty

Re:

Postby Frank on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:18 pm

The Bute should be open (matric card entry), as should Mathematics. Unsure about others.

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Also, some years later:
"here we are arguing about a few uppity troublemakers with a bee in their bonnet and a conspiracy theory."
Frank

Re:

Postby kezziecats on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:52 pm

I've managed to get into the Irvine computer room out of hours recently - could it be a problem with your matric card? A friend of mine had their card stopped by mistake and so couldn't use it for 24 hour access doors - may be worth looking into.
kezziecats

Re:

Postby Abserdman on Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:41 am

I can't get into Bute with my Matric card anymore. Haven't tried Maths though. There's one in Physics too, just by the main doors.
Abserdman

Re:

Postby sevenandthedoctor on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:01 pm

Following on the topic of computer labs....I was wondering if anyone knew if any of the computers in any of the 24 hr labs have systat or sigmaplot installed on them? I seem to remember using these and am currently looking for them....Ive tried the bute so far.
Thanks if you can help!
sevenandthedoctor

Return to The Sinner's Main Board