Home

TheSinner.net

Management Department

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Management Department

Postby xlx on Tue May 04, 2010 6:15 pm

Does anybody know what's going on with the Management Department? There's been loads of staff changes and nobody really seems to know what's happening. Modules etc are being changed around greatly - bit of a worry for honours students!
xlx

Re: Management Department

Postby Dempsey on Wed May 05, 2010 11:31 pm

Officially:

"Dear Students of the School of Management,

As you may have heard, we have announced a number of organizational changes in the administration of the School of Management today. I just want to reassure you that these changes are purely administrative, designed to be as unobtrusive as possible,and intended only to improve the way we deliver learning and teaching in Management.

I very much hope that you enjoy the break. My colleagues and I look forward to seeing you on your return

With Kind regards

Louise Richardson
Principal and Vice-Chancellor"

Not entirely sure what to make of it; nobody I've asked seems to really know whats going on or why. I'd wager it's just what it says on the tin, exacerbated by Iceland puking ash everywhere.
Striving to maintain exceptional standards of debauchery.
Dempsey

Postby standrewsstudent on Thu May 06, 2010 9:54 am

Well apparently 6 members of staff are "leaving". Anyone know any more?
standrewsstudent

Postby Impreza_Noobie on Sat May 15, 2010 3:29 pm

Further clarifications would be great. I wonder if this incident would have an impact on postgraduates undertaking management-related courses.

"...intended only to improve the way we deliver learning and teaching in Management." What exactly are they trying to imply?

Cheers
Intel i7 965 Extreme Edition
Asus Rampage 2 Extreme
2 x ATi 4870x2 in Crossfire (4 GPUs)
Patriot DDR3 6GB Triple Channel
3 'Black' edition Western Digitals @ Raid 0 (2.4 TB Storage)
1000w Corsair Modular Power supply
http://www.fotiacomputers.com/
Impreza_Noobie

Postby Dempsey on Sat May 15, 2010 5:27 pm

Looks like a couple of the lecturers will be heading the new postgrad SD programme which will be based at the gateway. Can't help but think this has something to do with a reshuffling 8-)
Striving to maintain exceptional standards of debauchery.
Dempsey

Return to The Sinner's Main Board