Home

TheSinner.net

Elections Results

This message board is for discussing anything in any way remotely connected with St Andrews, the University or just anything you want. Welcome!

Elections Results

Postby Oli on Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:15 am

When the election results become available, please feel free to post them here.
Oli

Re:

Postby Marco Biagi on Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:19 am

DoR - Ben Reilly
Socs - Louise Hallman
E&E - Will Drury
Charities - Chris Marks
Performing Arts - Eva-Maria Zeeb
Music - David MacGregor
Debates - Peter Blair
Accommodation - Seth Ewin
Student Support - Dave Vinton
Private Accommodation - Bethan Herbert, Helen Buckley
Second Year - Kaitlyn Laird
Third Year - Alex Jennings
Finalists - Scott Manson
Without Portfolio - Jo Kerr
Arts/Divinity - Alex Yabroff
Science/Medicine - Bryn Willians
Postgraduate - Ben Hood
Marco Biagi

Re:

Postby The Man Next Door on Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:36 am

Congratulations to everyone, let's hope you can live up to your promises ;)

[hr]Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.
http://www.bash.org/?244321 - Random Massive Attack fact: Considered legal action after the Conservative Party used "The Man Next Door" as an accompaniment to William Hague's entrance at a conference in 2000.
Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.
The Man Next Door

Re:

Postby Pilmour Boy on Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:39 am

I would just like to thank everybody who helped me in any way whatsoever during the week and I promise I'll do my best to make a difference next year.

Oh. There's a couple of more results too.

DoServ: Bonnie Ryder.
Association Chair: someone.
Pilmour Boy

Re:

Postby cgam on Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:10 am

Congratulations to all the winning candidates.

I very much look forward to working with you all next year.

Comiserations to everyone else, there were some very close results indeed this year.

I'm going to bed now.
cgam

Re:

Postby Pilmour Boy on Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:15 am

I too am heading off to sleep, but I'd like to say what I forgot to say earlier. Congratulations to all, it's looking like a great team for next year. I hope that those of you who missed out in the elections will either stand for co-option or for one of the posts in the October by-election.

Again, congratulations to all and I hope you have a good night's sleep.
Pilmour Boy

Re:

Postby David Bean on Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:33 am

I lost Association Chair, by 1 (one) vote on the third redistribution. And whilst I realise I'm going to regret having posted this in the morning (or more likely, afternoon) when I wake up sober, I should admit that I (as a faithful Christian) prayed to God for all of this week not that I would win, but that my election result would be ultimately for the best. So, I have to believe - I have faith - that it was ultimately for the best that I should have lost, and so whilst at present I have no plans to stand for an elected position within the Association again, I promise that I will do my very best to further the good of the students of this university (which has been my aim all along).

So, if anyone has anything they'd like me to do for them, please let them tell me, and I promise that I'll work my ass off for whatever cause (wtithin reason) it should be. I'm thinking here particularly of Ben, who has a lot of intriguing ideas about co-operative housing, whom it would be my honour and privilige to work for in whatever capacity he should decide.

(Oh, and if anyone suspects that I'm only saying this because I want to be the AP or somesuch next year, be assured that I neither am sober enough at present to think about this, nor have any inclination to stick around St. Andrews past my graduation, because I have personal reasons for wanting to leave this place then immediately.)

Long live St. Andrews, and long live its students - long live you all. I promise, in whatever capacity I should be called to serve you, I shan't let you down.

[hr]"And all the people rejoiced, and said: 'God save the King! Long live the King! ...May the King live forever!'" - Handel, 'Zadok the Priest'
Psalm 91:7
David Bean

Re:

Postby cgam on Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:40 am

Oh and Simon won Association President.

Well done to him too!
cgam

Re:

Postby Mr Comedy on Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:41 am

[s]David Bean wrote on 03:33, 20th Mar 2004:
Long live St. Andrews, and long live its students - long live you all. I promise, in whatever capacity I should be called to serve you, I shan't let you down.

David, you have done much to serve this university, and long may that continue. Whilst I rue your non-election, I hope that you can continue to represent the needs of students in the future, and vigourously defend them.
All the very best,
David J.M Vinton

[hr]
The tories: bravely resisting change since 1841
"I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea. " -Lu Tung
Mr Comedy

Re:

Postby Manson on Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:41 am

Hi, its Scott Manson here, thanks to everyone who voted for me for Finalist Rep. And you lot that tried to RON me...grrrr...
Manson

Re:

Postby Cosmo's Moon on Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:42 am

The love on display is truly overwhelming. Well done everyone! And sorry to those right for the job who were not elected, but the highest of congratulations to those that are and were.

Sleep.
Mea navicula pendens anguillarum plena est.
Cosmo's Moon

Re:

Postby David Bean on Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:43 am

[s]Mr Comedy wrote on 03:41, 20th Mar 2004:
David, you have done much to serve this university, and long may that continue. Whilst I rue your non-election, I hope that you can continue to represent the needs of students in the future, and vigourously defend them.
All the very best,
David J.M Vinton

You're kind as always, but don't worry: I meant what I said. ;)

[hr]
"And all the people rejoiced, and said: 'God save the King! Long live the King! ...May the King live forever!'" - Handel, 'Zadok the Priest'
David Bean

Re:

Postby Amanda on Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:43 am

yay for simon! well done!
[s]"don't frown...you never know who might be falling in love with your smile..."[/s]
Amanda

Re:

Postby Marco Biagi on Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:04 am

5 out of 6 of my predictions. Not bad - on the accuracy at least. I guess I beat David Bean's pendulum.

[hr]"our very own Slobodan Milosevic"
- Saint Sal, 2001.
Marco Biagi

Re:

Postby David Bean on Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:13 am

[s]Marco Biagi wrote on 04:04, 20th Mar 2004:
I guess I beat David Bean's pendulum.

...Which turned out not to have been much of an achievement ;)

[hr]
"And all the people rejoiced, and said: 'God save the King! Long live the King! ...May the King live forever!'" - Handel, 'Zadok the Priest'
David Bean

Re:

Postby Midget on Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:16 am

Well done everyone. I'm looking to forward to next year.
Midget

Re:

Postby Bryn on Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:51 am

There is something fundamentally wrong with the world.

[hr]http://bryn.ipfox.com
Bryn

Re:

Postby Amanda on Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:55 am

pourquoi?
[s]"don't frown...you never know who might be falling in love with your smile..."[/s]
Amanda

Re:

Postby Midget on Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:58 am

Why are you still up?
Midget

Re:

Postby Bryn on Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:00 am

In answer to both questions: because Ralph lost.

[hr]http://bryn.ipfox.com
Bryn

Next

Return to The Sinner's Main Board