Home

TheSinner.net

Accomodation Troubles

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Accomodation Troubles

Postby Guest on Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:18 pm

Hi

Loads of people in my halls are getting all worked up about living arrangements next year!

I'm now paniky im going to be left in a cardboard box on the beach with nowhere to live.

Can anyone help, like tell me what is the best way to find somewhere for like 3 4 5 people, central as possible?

Also what roughly are prices?

Thanks

Re:

Postby Devilzchild on Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:37 pm

Make sure u know when all the estate agents put out there flat lists.
When u know, then try and get an idea of how much ur willing to pay - they tend to go for anything between 50 to 150 squid a wk.

Be prepared! Make sure u have references, money for deposit etc.

When u get into the estate agents put your name down for one - first refusal - then go visit it. If u do this and don't like it u can always turn it down. If u don't and it's good then it'll be gone before u get to it!!

Hope it helps!!
Devilzchild

Re:

Postby vickiangeleyes on Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:23 pm

[s]Devilzchild wrote on 20:37, 4th Dec 2004:
Make sure u know when all the estate agents put out there flat lists.
When u know, then try and get an idea of how much ur willing to pay - they tend to go for anything between 50 to 150 squid a wk.

Be prepared! Make sure u have references, money for deposit etc.

When u get into the estate agents put your name down for one - first refusal - then go visit it. If u do this and don't like it u can always turn it down. If u don't and it's good then it'll be gone before u get to it!!

Hope it helps!!

might know somewhere for 5 people in centre ---bell street. For september time but it won't be cheap cheap
vickiangeleyes

Re:

Postby flarewearer on Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:30 pm

make sure you know your prospective flatmates well enough to be sure that one of them wont bail on you at the last minute, happened to me in first year and lost a flat because of it.

[hr]* 9 out of 10 cannibals agree;
"vegetarians taste BETTER"
flarewearer

Re:

Postby Blondie515 on Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:38 pm

[s]vickiangeleyes wrote on 13:23, 5th Dec 2004:

might know somewhere for 5 people in centre ---bell street. For september time but it won't be cheap cheap

Would really appreciate their email or something if you wudnt mind

x
Blondie515

Return to Advice Please!