Home

TheSinner.net

Sex lovers V Virgins

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Sex lovers V Virgins

Postby Guest on Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:51 am

Most of my friends that I know aren't virgins, although I still have a significant number of friends who are. There is always differences in opinion on this subject and I was just interested to see the differences in guys and girls thoughts...........

Re:

Postby bramble on Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:35 pm

Ok i dont really know what you are trying to find out, but heres my take on things. I'm a girl and not a virgin, but among both girlie and boy mates its probably split down the middle as to who is a virgin and who isnt. I'm in third year and most of my friends are too, although i have academic family in first year. My opinion is that it doesnt really matter as to whether you are a virgin or not, or how many people youve slept with for that matter, as long as you are happy, safe and your first time is as good an experience as possible. Everybody has different life experiences and therefore will have different experiences with sex. I for one certainly would not judge you if you were a virgin, inexperienced or experienced.

[hr]
Like a bolt out of the blue
Fate steps in and sees you through
When you wish upon a star
Your dreams come true
Ich will die Ruhe stören...
bramble

Re:

Postby MadDog20/20 on Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:06 pm

I was going to write a rant here but this is actually an honest opinion.

Here is the deal from a DECENT GUY's point of view.

Hooking up with virgins is a nightmare. As a guy I prefer dating girls that have been around the block a few times so that when they end up with me their asshole detectors have been properly calibrated and they appreciates that they are onto a good thing.

I know you can 'date' and still be a virgin, but its not the same is it?

Seriously, what is the point in being a virgin? NOBODY CARES. God doesn't even care. If God didn't want you to have sex, he wouldn't have given you a vadge. I'm not saying be a slut, nobody likes a slut either, but there is no point in denying yourself fun either.

Also, don't worry about 'saving it for somebody special'. Whoever you hook up with first, it's almost certainly going to end in tears sooner or later and then he won't be so special anymore anyway.
I listen to feminists and all these radical gals - most of them are failures. They've blown it. Some of them have been married, but they married some Casper Milquetoast who asked permission to go to the bathroom. These women just need a man in the house. That's all they need. Most of the feminists need a man to tell them what time of day it is and to lead them home. And they blew it and they're mad at all men. Feminists hate men. They're sexist. They hate men - that's their problem. ~Jerry Falwell
MadDog20/20

Re:

Postby upallnight on Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:35 pm

wow, way to inspire confidence ;)!!
upallnight

Re:

Postby Senethro on Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:19 am

I agree with the ending in tears. I think I know of one couple who stayed together after losing their virginity, but they're really weird and have been together for years. They're even making a long distance relationship work!!!! They're the only people around whom I'll curtail an anti-love tirade, because they're the only ones who have got it right.
Senethro

Re:

Postby Pender Native on Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:50 pm

I'm still with the person I lost my virginity to, although no one is more surprised then me. When we started going out when I was in first year I was a virgin but he wasn't and I certainly didn't expect it to last, and neither did anyone else (Colin!) but we just went on and on and now we're engaged so he might possibly be the only guy I ever sleep with. Which sounds a a bit Victorian but I'm not complaining because the sex is great. And if Mad Dog's a decent guy, I'd hate to meet a git!
"I have seen flowers come in stony places
And kind things done by men with ugly faces,
And the gold cup won by the worst horse at the races,
So I trust, too."
Pender Native

Re:

Postby MadDog20/20 on Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:59 pm

Dry your eyes bitch.

I really am a good guy. Get over yourself.
I listen to feminists and all these radical gals - most of them are failures. They've blown it. Some of them have been married, but they married some Casper Milquetoast who asked permission to go to the bathroom. These women just need a man in the house. That's all they need. Most of the feminists need a man to tell them what time of day it is and to lead them home. And they blew it and they're mad at all men. Feminists hate men. They're sexist. They hate men - that's their problem. ~Jerry Falwell
MadDog20/20

MadDog 20/20

Postby Jesser on Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:03 pm

Hold on here dudes, I think were confusing honesty and being a d1ck. Maddog is just telling it how it is!
Jesser

Re:

Postby novium on Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:15 pm

[s]Jesser wrote on 14:03, 24th Feb 2005:
Hold on here dudes, I think were confusing honesty and being a d1ck. Maddog is just telling it how it is!

given statements he's made in the past, I think we can be fairly certain he's just an ass.
Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re:

Postby rae on Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:22 pm

actually, he's lovely. he just knows how to be offensive. Sorry MadDog - blown your cover there.
In America they think 100 years is old and in Britain they think 100 miles is far.
rae

Re:

Postby rae on Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:25 pm

[s]MadDog20/20 wrote on 12:59, 24th Feb 2005:
Dry your eyes bitch.

although he *could* do with watching the language.
In America they think 100 years is old and in Britain they think 100 miles is far.
rae

Re:

Postby Angeleyes on Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:41 pm

It seems clear that everyone has their own personal opinion on this topic.

I PERSONALY think it shouldn't matter whether someone is a virgin or not. There must be a connection when you are attracted to someone and if your planning to go further than a one night stand with someone then it shouldn't matter.

I would never and never have judged someone on their sexual experiences. Everyone has different beliefs and some people may have gone through a bad experience.

Sure sex does help and yeah we all enjoy it but it seems to me from this thread that guys have more of a problem about it than the girls
Angeleyes

Re:

Postby flossy on Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:33 pm

Virgins may be problematic for the boys to handle, but I'd rather date a virgin than someone with a reputation for being a slut anyday. Yes, I know there's a big middle ground of people who have sex and aren't "sluts" but I'm just pointing out which of the two extremes I'd prefer.

Anyone seen Hollyoaks recently? We had a Lisa-STI sweepstake and I won! Go me! (No symptoms- c'mon it was obvious which one!)

[hr]Fare thee well eyebrows
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby Devilzchild on Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:42 am

Does it actually matter?
I mean everyone was a virgin at some point. It's not as if you have to walk around telling everyone you are a virgin - it's just something that is a fact of life.

And for the record - just because you have lots of sex or enjoy lots of sex does not make you a slut!
Devilzchild

Re:

Postby novium on Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:45 am

[s]flossy wrote on 21:33, 24th Feb 2005:

Anyone seen Hollyoaks recently? We had a Lisa-STI sweepstake and I won! Go me! (No symptoms- c'mon it was obvious which one!)

[hr]Fare thee well eyebrows

Which one was it, i missed the last five minutes.....
Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re:

Postby Rilla on Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:25 pm

[s]novium wrote on 16:15, 24th Feb 2005:
given statements he's made in the past, I think we can be fairly certain he's just an ass.

although i agree that he does come out with lots of rubbish on the sinner, (and he's hardly the only one), maddog really is a very nice guy. the best friend anyone could ask for. sometimes he can be quite blunt about things, which can hurt, but on reflection, as someone else said, honesty can hurt sometimes, and on balance, its better to have someone being honest.

and on the whole virginity thing, who cares! i dont think it matters at all. though it is always good and nice to have someone knowing what they're doing.
Be good to yourself because nobody else has the power to make you happy.
Rilla

Re:

Postby flossy on Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:50 pm

[s]novium wrote on 11:45, 25th Feb 2005:
[s]flossy wrote on 21:33, 24th Feb 2005:[i]

Which one was it, i missed the last five minutes.....

Chlamydia-- although I think syphilis would make a better storyline!

[hr]
Fare thee well eyebrows
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby Angeleyes on Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:07 pm

I totally agree with you flossy
Angeleyes

Re:

Postby novium on Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:23 pm

[s]Rilla wrote on 15:25, 25th Feb 2005:
[s]novium wrote on 16:15, 24th Feb 2005:[i]

although i agree that he does come out with lots of rubbish on the sinner, (and he's hardly the only one), maddog really is a very nice guy. the best friend anyone could ask for. sometimes he can be quite blunt about things, which can hurt, but on reflection, as someone else said, honesty can hurt sometimes, and on balance, its better to have someone being honest.

and on the whole virginity thing, who cares! i dont think it matters at all. though it is always good and nice to have someone knowing what they're doing.
[/i]

you can excuse my misjudging him, it was threads about things like all women being whores that led me to believe he's an ass.

Although I will take your word for it that he isn't so in person.
novium

Re:

Postby LonelyPilgrim on Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:27 am

Coming from a land where the people who believe 'premarital sex means an eternity in Hell' are the folks beside you in the checkout aisle at the store, and not some crazy wacko with a sign outside the Union... essentially meant that my upbringing vis a vis sex was pretty messed up.

When you grow up being taught that sex is this fantastic, earthshattering, spirtual, soul-reviving, tender, loving experience you are bound and determined to be horribly disappointed when you find out that a) you don't really know what you're doing, b) she's impatient, c) you're too damn nervous to enjoy it, and d) thanks to inexperiance it's over all too quickly. No souls revived, earth isn't shattered.

That said, I'm quite glad I'm not a virgin anymore, because once you get the hang of it, it's really very fun, an excellent way to relieve stress, and it's one of those skills you can enjoy improving. I will say that now, I don't have any desire to be in a relationship without sex... that's what friends are for, and I don't really feel up to deflowering anyone quite yet. So to all you virgins out there, I do respect you, but you're not for me, my apologies.

[hr]I sing of arms, and the man...
Man is free; yet we must not suppose that he is at liberty to do everything he pleases, for he becomes a slave the moment he allows his actions to be ruled by passion. --Giacomo Casanova
LonelyPilgrim

Next

Return to Advice Please!