Home

TheSinner.net

'the lovehearts approach' - a good idea?

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

'the lovehearts approach' - a good idea?

Postby Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:49 pm

I am very shy when approaching girls and was thinking of employing the following tactic in expressing my interest in someone I find attractive: basically, it consists of leaving a loveheart by their desk at the library saying something like 'you're lovely' and then let them search around to spot me eating lovehearts. I find this a witty approach to express interest as well as being peaceful considering it's taking place in the library (and, of course, noone catches me doing it!).

Is this a good idea? Girls, if you had some guy do this to you, how would you feel and react? Would you be chuffed, offended, scared incase its a form of stalking, or what?

The tactic will only be employed once to avoid it being class as some kind of 'stalking'

Would appreciate any replies.

Re:

Postby Thalia on Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:15 pm

Umm...i guess it would be okay if the girl you did it with was a friend already...otherwise, i think i would be kinda freaked if a random guy did that.
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby flossy on Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:25 pm

I'd think it was great if a guy did that-- provided he was giving them out to more than one person, otherwise I'd feel stalked. Although giving lots would give you a LoveHearts Pimp Daddy-thing going on.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:20 pm

It's totally a great idea!! I would think a guy was very sweet if they did that to me, not stalker-ish behaviour at all:) Go for it and good luck!!

Re:

Postby bramble on Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:26 am

Awwww its a really sweet idea, but what if they are attached? Could be embarassing for both parties. If i was single though, i'd be well chuffed

[hr]
I want to live, i want to leave, i want to open up and breathe; i want to go, i want to be, i want to feel it constantly, got to show, got to say, ive got a feeling that wont go away
Ich will die Ruhe stören...
bramble

Re:

Postby Pinky but Perky on Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:35 am

awww! thats so sweet you'd be the like the guy in the Baci advert when i drops all those love messages on the woman he loves (i love that advert!) :D i would love something like that done to me, you're making me want to go and sit in the library!

[hr]
the knack is finding a grape that actually looks edible....damn you Tesco!
the knack is finding a grape that actually looks edible....damn you Tesco!
Pinky but Perky

Re:

Postby lilo on Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:27 pm

I agree it's very sweet! The fact that there's a note stating "you're lovely" if she can think, she'll know you're not stalking her and just appreciate it!

Hell, I wish some guy did that for me!
Go for it hunny!
lilo

oh please..

Postby Guest on Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:24 pm

thats the most pathetic thing i've ever heard.

and that's telling it the way it is.

Re:

Postby Buffy on Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:51 pm

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 01:47, 19th Mar 2005:
thats the most pathetic thing i've ever heard.

and that's telling it the way it is.

Umm, I think that's a bit harsh, but for me, I would probably leave rather than look for someone eating love hearts. I don't like to be disturbed when I am studying, and I don't like to feel like I'm being watched, but then again, everyone is different and she may like it, but that's just a bit too odd for my taste. Kind of like the 'don't accept candy from strangers' thing, just wouldn't sit well with me. Why not just text her or ask her for a drink?
Buffy

Re:

Postby Maidmarion on Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:16 pm

This would make girls amile to themselves, but only if you do it in an uncreepy manner. No girl would actually go looking for you though. WHy not just approach her and ask her where you know her from, then get talking
Maidmarion

Re:

Postby mariposita on Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:33 pm

Awww . .I think thats very cute, though not as cute as the Baci advert - I cannot even tell you how much I LOVE that ad! I agree though that though i would be really touched to get a loveheart on the desk - i would't go hunting for the guy, i would probably be too embarrassed. Speak to the girl!
mariposita

Re:

Postby Pender Native on Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:38 pm

I would find it really flattering and not scary ar all - just imaginative and different
"I have seen flowers come in stony places
And kind things done by men with ugly faces,
And the gold cup won by the worst horse at the races,
So I trust, too."
Pender Native

Re:

Postby Brian on Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:49 pm

I like someone in one of my tutorial groups. Can I steal your idea? :)
Brian

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:43 am

[s]Brian wrote on 15:49, 21st Mar 2005:
I like someone in one of my tutorial groups. Can I steal your idea? :)

That would be an act of plaguarism :-P

j/k

Re:

Postby Oirish_Martin on Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:54 pm

eh, i don't see why not myself. just don't make a mistake and use rohypnol instead. they won't like that.

the other thing is, don't be shy when following it up either. try and knock em dead with imagination, spontaneity AND confidence.

good luck man.
Oirish_Martin

Re:

Postby the racing tortoise on Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:09 pm

you have to ask yourself what sort of girl you want to meet. If the sort of girls you like are going to appreciate it then its worth doing and following up if you get a good reaction. If you get a bad reaction then chances are she wouldn't like the way you think and you wouldn't be a good couple anyway so it doesn't matter. As it's anonamous you can't get publicly humiliated so you really have nothing to lose. If she likes the gesture she will probably like you so don't be scared to follow it up.

best of luck and please tell us if it works.

[hr]
sciences are so fun this time of year...I have no work to do.
eternally optimistic - against all evidence
the racing tortoise

Re:

Postby Lyeta on Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:48 pm

Lol i confess ive done that before. only it was in the bag approach not on the desk. Didnt really work though as i suspect it was too small and just got rained on and went sticky and pissed the guy off at some later date. But it is a cute idea (if you already semi-know her). Even if you dont its still cute but Id be too shy to do anything about it if i didnt know you before you did that :P
Lyeta

Naw, dude, NAW!!!

Postby Guest on Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:45 pm

uhm I am romantic and all that, but I really don't like that idea AT ALL. Its freaky, scary, I'd think you're stalking me, i would think that your poisoned my chocolate, that you'rejust plain scary and really dude - we're adults now, i mean im sure youre a nice, decent looking guy, don't mess with shit like that!

Just speak up! Plus, something id find really disturbing, is the fact that you DO that sort of thing. presumably, more that to one girl. therefore, had I brushed you off, there would be a clar cut chance of my walking into the library and seeing 5 girls scattered all over the library eating these lovehearts of yours, while you sit in the corner doing the bevis-and-butthead laugh.....*shudder*

Naw, man, stop it, now. Just talk to the girl, tell her in her face, in her eyes that she's lovely, those notes are so mass-produced and impersonal. of you MUST leave her something, then at least some nad-written card or something. Otherwise, just approach her.

Over and out.

Sigh for romance :)

Postby Chain Mailer on Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:04 pm

I think it's a wonderful idea! (am also supporting my appriciation of the Baci advert, lovely!) It will also show you what kind of gal she is (if you dont know her already) if she smiles and looks around then you know she'd probably like you. If she looks creeped and walks off then you know she may not appriciate you as you :s Hope it goes well for you! :)

[hr]
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious
Chain Mailer

Another Idea:?!

Postby Rolo Mad on Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:07 pm

How about leaving your last Rolo? That might get the message across, if you leave a Love Heart, you have to consider what message it should have on it!
I do think that the Love Hearts idea is fab, I would totally melt if someone did that to me in the library!
Rolo Mad

Next

Return to Advice Please!