Home

TheSinner.net

What's the best way to ask a woman out?

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

What's the best way to ask a woman out?

Postby ninman on Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:01 pm

There's this girl in my class that I totall fancy, but I just don't know how to ask her out. I'm kinda scared that she'll say no or something. I think she's person, smart, funny and pretty, I just don't wanna balls it up by saying something stupid.

Any advice, women only though.
ninman

Re:

Postby Spaceman Spiff on Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:25 pm

well with the charming witty captions you always place on the sinner, threats of math related beatings im sure you dont need us to tell you how to balls it up, enjoy.

[hr]

"I don't do bubbles; that was the other guy."
Hat or banana? Think of the philosphical ramifications..... banana, banana, banana!
Spaceman Spiff

Re:

Postby flossy on Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:48 pm

Slip a note into one of her books. It's not face-to-face, so it's less scary. And chances are that if she doesn't want to, she act like nothing happened rather than have to tell you outright.

It's the cowards way to do it, but I like it.

[hr]

IMAGE:www.spacefemmites.com/blob0405/discoblob.gif
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby davearnie on Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:05 am

disregard the above advice thats bloddy creepy!!!
You should start by accidently siting next to her in class, then say hi afterwards. Do that a few times, and gently get to know a bit more about her. Then ask her out for a coffee!
davearnie

Re:

Postby Blondie515 on Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:16 am

Quoting davearnie from 10:05, 20th Apr 2005
You should start by accidently siting next to her in class, then say hi afterwards. Do that a few times, and gently get to know a bit more about her. Then ask her out for a coffee!

i would agree with that advice!!!, girls tend to be much more quick on the uptake than guys and she will notice the extra attention!!! if you ask her to meet up and she makes an excuse she prob isnt too into you, but if she says she cant and reschedules a more convienient time u have prob pulled!!!
Blondie515

Re:

Postby Buffy on Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:19 am

Quoting Blondie515 from 10:16, 20th Apr 2005
Quoting davearnie from 10:05, 20th Apr 2005

i would agree with that advice!!!, girls tend to be much more quick on the uptake than guys and she will notice the extra attention!!! if you ask her to meet up and she makes an excuse she prob isnt too into you, but if she says she cant and reschedules a more convienient time u have prob pulled!!!

Totally agree. This is definitely the way forward! Good luck!
Buffy

here's my advice..

Postby Jack Dee on Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:32 am

don't tell her you're ninman, otherwise she would laugh at you and publicly ridicule and humiliate you, since you have demonstrated on the sinner many times how much of a twat you are.

and that's speaking as an objective truth, and not an irrational, subjectified bashing.
Jack Dee

Re:

Postby Pender Native on Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:16 am

I'd agree with davearnie's advice, not because I think the note idea was creepy, notes in books can be fun and sweet. But if a guy asked me out by a note, I wouldn't think much of his confidence, communication skills or courage, which all have a big effect on how attractive I find someone.

[hr]

'I like to listen to a man who likes to talk. Whoops! Sawdust and Treacle, put that in your herring and smoke it!' - quote from the Bursar in Terry Pratchett's Discworld books. Hope that clears up any confusion as to my personal tastes!
"I have seen flowers come in stony places
And kind things done by men with ugly faces,
And the gold cup won by the worst horse at the races,
So I trust, too."
Pender Native

Re:

Postby ninman on Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:04 pm

Quoting Jack Dee from 12:29, 20th Apr 2005
don't tell her you're ninman, otherwise she would laugh at you and publicly ridicule and humiliate you, since you have demonstrated on the sinner many times how much of a twat you are.

and that's speaking as an objective truth, and not an irrational, subjectified bashing.

I think that the only one who looks like an idiot is you.
ninman

Re:

Postby Blondie515 on Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:04 pm

I think that the only one who looks like an idiot is you.[/quote]

seconded!!!
Blondie515

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:11 pm

Quoting ninman from 16:04, 20th Apr 2005
Quoting Jack Dee from 12:29, 20th Apr 2005

I think that the only one who looks like an idiot is you.

But I ain't ninman!

Re:

Postby Spaceman Spiff on Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:51 pm

nimman is a wiener a wiener a wiener, nimnam is a wiener, she will chant as she laughs at your feeble attempts at courtship!

[hr]

"I don't do bubbles; that was the other guy."
Hat or banana? Think of the philosphical ramifications..... banana, banana, banana!
Spaceman Spiff

advice needed

Postby Guest on Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:44 pm

what ID do we need to present for housing accomodation?

Re:

Postby Rufus on Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:12 am

Be direct. Be honest. Be yourself.

If that's too vague for you, how about sauntering up to the lady in question and saying 'Hello. You're lovely. Would you do me the honour of going for a drink with me some time?'

Smile and be nice, and it'll all be fine.

Only arseholes are horrible to friendly polite people, so if she rebuffs your invitation, you'll know she wasn't worth it in the first place.

[hr]

'Do you remember how long the days were when you were a child?'
Rufus

Return to Advice Please!