Home

TheSinner.net

Driving lessons

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Driving lessons

Postby 97hills on Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:27 pm

Can anyone recommend a good cheap driving instructor?
97hills

Re:

Postby queen of scots on Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:40 pm

I highly recommend my instructor - his name's Pete Lowe and he's just gone independent, under the name L Passo. The car you learn in is a convertible which is pretty cool, although so far in my lessons it's always been raining. I am a really nervous driver but have come on a lot with him compared to the last instructor I had. He's got a good sense of humour too - I think that's important if you're going to spend 2 hours in a car with someone! Out of the three instructors I've had, he's easily the best.

As for cost, I'm paying £17 an hour, but I'm not sure if the rate for new pupils is the same as that or not. Let me know if you want his phone number.

[hr]

Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.
Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37100070
queen of scots

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:15 pm

I highly recommend Steve from St Andrews School of motoring. He charges £17 an hour and you would be learning to drive in a Peugot 206 diesel. With it being a diesel its nearly impossible to stall.

Re:

Postby M on Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:10 pm

Wow! I can't believe how expensive driving lessons are now. When I learnt (1999) it was £10 an hour...
M

Re:

Postby Cain on Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:28 pm

Quoting from 21:41, 21st Apr 2005
I highly recommend Steve from St Andrews School of motoring. He charges £17 an hour and you would be learning to drive in a Peugot 206 diesel. With it being a diesel its nearly impossible to stall.

Steve is great.

I also dispute your last comment.

[hr]

I hold an element of surprise
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby julie on Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:25 am

I used Stuart drives a red car? He is very good pushes you on in a nice way, unlike my last instructor who just took me for a drive does the pass plus as well. May not be the cheapest but you get what you pay for. I would have payed him more he worth it. 01334 659007 and 07815589357 I think?
julie

Return to Advice Please!