Home

TheSinner.net

Party Venues

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Party Venues

Postby Nimby on Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:46 pm

I need to book a venue somewhere in St Andrews for a 21st. Does anyone know which bars/hotels etc rent out rooms for a reasonable price? Don't need anywhere too big, it's for a maximum of 40/50 people.

Thanks!
Nimby

Re:

Postby DrAlex on Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:54 pm

Try MaBell's backroom. I don't know much about it, but for 40-50 people you don't want anything too massive.

[hr]

The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
The Sinner: Where no one ever learned "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, don't say anything at all."
DrAlex

Re:

Postby Frank on Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:10 pm

Quoting DrAlex from 19:54, 12th Mar 2007
Try MaBell's backroom. I don't know much about it, but for 40-50 people you don't want anything too massive.

[hr]

One of the most accomodating places we knew for a Party was down at the Stables (in their Lounge Bar). Cheap and very cheerful. The Landlord even let us borrow the kareoke! Should be big enough for 40/50 people to 'party' in, but probably not for a sit-down 'sophisticated' shindig.

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Re:

Postby The Penguin Of Death! on Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:00 pm

Try the Madras Rugby Club?
The Penguin Of Death!

Re:

Postby Thalia on Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:14 pm

The back room of the whey pat is sometimes used for societies so i guess it can't be that expensive. Though i guess it depends what you want to use it for.

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby househunter on Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:38 pm

If you have any friends who are a member of the New Golf Club then you can get the mixed lounge for practically nothing, it can hold around 110 people max and they have in house catering and a bar.
househunter

Return to Advice Please!