Home

TheSinner.net

Coursework re-mark

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Coursework re-mark

Postby Rosanna on Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:39 pm

Hello!

I recently received a grade for some coursework which I think was quite unfair- I think I have a pretty good case as the comments made in the feedback form don't seem to tally with the grade and having looked at the school mark-scheme I'm pretty sure that I should have received a higher grade. Was just wondering whether anyone has any experience with the re-marking procedure, whether it is worth it etc. I've never queried a grade before (I'm a fourth year) but I really feel I have a case for this one.

Anyone had any positive results from it? The advice on the uni website is quite offputting, lots of stuff about how you need to be sure you want to go through with it and how the grade could come back lower etc.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks :)
Rosanna

Re:

Postby Thalia on Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:49 pm

Have you been in to discuss the grade with whoever it was that marked it? They may be able to explain to you why you ended up with a grade that doesn't seem to fit the feedback.

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:56 pm

First speak to the person who marked it.

If they say they won't look into it or if they do and you still think its unfair you can contact the course co-ordinator.

If that fails you can contact your head of school.

If that fails you can contact the relevant Dean.

In each case the level can be skipped if you think you will, for whatever reason, be treated unjustly if you did not.

In a case of a coursework mark though it really is best just to chat to the marker though.

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Rosanna on Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 pm

Quoting Thalia from 19:49, 11th Dec 2007
Have you been in to discuss the grade with whoever it was that marked it? They may be able to explain to you why you ended up with a grade that doesn't seem to fit the feedback.

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...

No I was going to do that tomorrow, just wanted an idea of what my chances are before I start the ball rolling. I don't really see how my tutor can say anything other than what's already on the feedback form- basically I disagree with the feedback, I think I have done what she has said I haven't done, if you know what I mean.
Rosanna

Return to Advice Please!