Home

TheSinner.net

lost itunes music

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

lost itunes music

Postby kimando on Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:10 pm

This may be a lost cause, but i'm hoping someone here will be able to help me.

I only have a 70GB internal harddrive on my PC on to which my music was stored, so when i ran out of space i transferred it all to my 500Gb external drive, everything fine so far.

Because the files were not in the original file location i deleted all of my itunes library and then re-imported it from my external drive. Most of this has worked fine, as I seem to have regained most of my collection, apart from the music purchased from itunes store.

This used to be stored in a folder on my hardrive, but after deleting my library it seems to have been deleted too somehow. I spent a decent sum of money purchasing select tracks i really wanted, and now they've all gone, is there any way that they can be retrieved?

Thanks for any advice
kimando

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:17 pm

Yes, they'll let you re-download them, if you ask them.

Fill in this form with the name of the account you used to download the tracks, and they should sort it out.

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store/browser/
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby kimando on Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:49 pm

Thanks for the link, I've emailed them with my order numbers, but it says on a FAQ that I should have made more backups and they do not allow for tracks to be downloaded more than once. Annoying thing is that I thought it was all backed up to my external drive.

I'll wait and hope from a response from them ASAP.

Fingers crossed!!

Quoting Fawksie from 00:17, 2nd Apr 2008
Yes, they'll let you re-download them, if you ask them.

Fill in this form with the name of the account you used to download the tracks, and they should sort it out.

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store/browser/
kimando

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:11 am

According to various reports, they may admonish you, but they've let people download the same tracks many times in a year. I don't think they check.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:16 am

You can certainly download the same track multiple times to multiple computers (I think the max is around 6). Maybe you can get round it this way?

[hr]

“ When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading”
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby just_looking on Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:48 pm

Go to the pirate bay. Download the same songs for free
just_looking

Re:

Postby kimando on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:55 am

Itunes emailed me back allowing me to re-download all of the songs I lost just by clicking on the store tab, then check for purchases. I'm happy, and backed up all the music too. Don't want this happening again!
kimando

Re:

Postby Guest on Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:07 am

And another sinner success story, congrats

Re: Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:06 am

just_looking wrote:Go to the pirate bay. Download the same songs for free

agreed

Return to Advice Please!