Home

TheSinner.net

joint to single honours?

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

joint to single honours?

Postby bh86 on Sun May 17, 2009 6:03 pm

Does anyone know if you can switch from Joint Honours to Single Honours at the end of 3rd year? i'm presuming not, but hoping so.
bh86

Re: joint to single honours?

Postby Kegrad on Sun May 17, 2009 7:17 pm

Probably depends what subjects and what modules you've done already. Best to mention it to your advisor though.
Kegrad

Postby starsandsparkles on Sun May 17, 2009 8:35 pm

bh86 wrote:Does anyone know if you can switch from Joint Honours to Single Honours at the end of 3rd year? i'm presuming not, but hoping so.

My academic dad dropped IR at the end of third year. Speak to your adviser about it.
starsandsparkles

Postby Freaker on Sun May 17, 2009 9:45 pm

Yepp, speak to your department about it, probably the sooner the better. It should be possible, unless you have missed too many credits for your single honours degree so far that you cannot make up. Have a look at the school booklet and see what their credit requirements are for single honours. In the worst case maybe you'll be able to do an extra year and start honours again? Good luck!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Freaker

Postby hoopy froodette on Mon May 18, 2009 1:12 pm

Speak to your Adviser(s) first. If you need to discuss it further then try the Pro Dean (Advising) of your Faculty. You can make appointments to see them at Old Union Reception. If you'll need an additional semester to meet the requirements for a single honours degree you'll need to ask the Pro Dean (Advising) and it'll then go to the Faculty Business Committee for consideration.
Nothing succeeds like a toothless budgie.
hoopy froodette

Postby Guest on Mon May 18, 2009 4:04 pm

If you've done half and half credits this year you may qualify for a 'with' degree. My friend is doing Physics with Theology, Physics counting for 75% and theology for 25%, in which case your credits would already count and you could just do your favoured subject in fourth year. Having said that it may depend on your subject.

Return to Advice Please!