Home

TheSinner.net

Any banned raisin receipts?

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Any banned raisin receipts?

Postby john25 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:25 pm

Are there any rules on what is allowed as a raisin receipts? For example, are electrical or white goods allowed? TVs and monitors?

Just wondering before I get hold of loads of crap only to find I cant use it.

Thanks in advance!
john25

Re: Any banned raisin receipts?

Postby Spike on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:15 pm

It's best to avoid waste electrical equipment (tv's etc) as the people who dispose of the receipts (university?) get a bit anal about that kinda thing. Also avoid anything stolen as you might get arrested (I know of people who have received warnings from the police for doing such and there will be a very strong police presence in St Andrews during the festivities.)
From Rock to Opera
Spike

Postby lost_eden on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:10 pm

Last year there was an email sent around closer to the time to the entire student body with details of what items were prohibited as raisin receipts, which included *all* eletrical goods, including white goods. This is because now that the University has to abide by the WEEE directive, they can't landfill electrical goods & instead have to pay to have them recycled & disposed of in an environmentally-friendly manner. The uni aren't about to start paying to dispose of your raisin receipts, so they're outright banned. I think the rules last year were that you would either be turned away, or invoiced for the disposal costs.
lost_eden

Postby john25 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:07 pm

Ok then, I guess Ill have to dispose of it myself in that case. oh well. Thanks for your responses.
john25

Postby munchingfoo on Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:21 am

Disposable raisin receipts seem to be a pretty new phenomenon. When I was given mine it was on the understanding that I'd keep it as a momento for the rest of my life. Why have something that you are just going to chuck in the bin?
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Postby Haunted on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:04 am

I once heard a story that someone was given the Tay bridge as their receipt.
Chained to it at 2am and the latin spray painted beside him by his dad he was left there. Until the emergency services got to him several hours later.
Genesis 19:4-8
Haunted

Postby Spike on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:32 pm

You could always give 2 raisin reciepts. One to dispose of at the foam fight and another to cherish.
From Rock to Opera
Spike

Postby Al on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:51 pm

Spike wrote:You could always give 2 raisin reciepts. One to dispose of at the foam fight and another to cherish.

Indeed. That is what used to happen. Academic children would be given something embarrassing or cumbersome for Raisin Monday, but would be later given a 'nice' papery receipt.
Al

Return to Advice Please!