Home

TheSinner.net

Condoms at the union

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Condoms at the union

Postby Guest on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:37 pm

Just wondering where exactly at the union can you get free condoms? The st andrews main page says both the 1st and the 2nd floor, but it gives names that i couldn't find on the floor map thing at the union. Anyone know exactly where it is? Also what's the usual number they give you?

Thanks

Re: Condoms at the union

Postby Rosie H on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:51 pm

I'm afraid I only dared to do that once, for Raisin Weekend supplies!! However at that time they had them at the front porters desk, although they apparently have them upstairs somewhere too. You get a paper bag full, I didn't count them but they went pretty far for Raisin (obviously I did nothing irresponsible like making water bombs or balloons out of them...) and it's a random selection of sizes, flavours, textures etc., you can't choose which ones, otherwise if you're in halls there'll be a condom distributor there too. :)
Rosie H

Postby Delts on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:31 pm

I got some from the porter (Mandy was on at the time and checking expiry dates) a couple of years back. The other person to ask would be Georgina Rannard (DoRep).

Also, the blueberry ones are the nicest tasting ^_^
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Postby guest999 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:54 pm

From student support services, door at the end of the corridor on the 1st (2nd if youre american) floor. ask the woman at the desk.
guest999

Postby Bluu on Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:09 am

You can also get them from the lovely ladies in Student Support, on the second floor. Usually get about 10, I think, but sometimes they bombard you with them! Maybe it depends on how promiscuous you look that day...

And yeah, the blueberry ones rule!

*edit: And they usually ask you what you want, so you can choose. I usually panic and say I don't mind, and so end up with a bag full of extra strongs and chocolate <_<
Bluu

Postby lost_eden on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:41 am

The Student Support Services office on the middle floor is the best place. Just walk in & ask whoever is at the desk. They give you them in a little paper bag to somewhat disguise what they are. Sometimes they'll just give you a few of a random assortment, sometimes they'll give you 25+ at a go, sometimes they'll ask if you have any preference & sometimes they'll give you the empty bag & let you fill it up with whatever you want & as many as you want; the first time I went they only gave me 6 or 7, the next time I got 20-odd, then after that they started letting me fill the bag myself. I guess if they recognise that you've been in before multiple times you probably know what you want & can pick them yourself! If you're after a specific size/flavor/texture then don't be afraid to say so - unless things have changed since the last time I made use of he service, they stocked pretty much the entire Passante range, but no Durex.
lost_eden

Return to Advice Please!