Home

TheSinner.net

Running In The Snow

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Running In The Snow

Postby CandE on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:23 pm

I'm training for a race in March and the snow is getting in the way!

The pavements I normally run on are super slippy and I'm pertrified of falling and breaking something. The beach is ideal but only in daylight hours and as I do most of my running at night time I need somewhere to run. I called the sports centre to ask about the track there but it hasn't been cleared of snow and ice.

Does anyone know of any good place to run in or around St. Andrews? Or do I have to risk it for a biscuit and brave the icey streets?

Thanks!
CandE

Re: Running In The Snow

Postby CheeseDaddy on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:51 pm

The snow is annoying but don't let it stop you getting out! Are you sure you can't get out during the day, even at the weekend? The roads outside of the town are much better for running in the snow and to be honest the views and experience really make it worthwhile! Theres also very little traffic for once. If not I guess you just need to be a bit careful, having been out a few times this week I can say its not actually that bad around the outside of the town where theres snow covering the ice.
CheeseDaddy

Re: Running In The Snow

Postby CandE on Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:26 pm

I braved it and found out running in snow/ice is easier than walking in the stuff! Yay! Thanks for the advice!
CandE

Return to Advice Please!