Home

TheSinner.net

Where can I get a haircut?

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Where can I get a haircut?

Postby Badhairday on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:29 pm

I’m new to St Andrews. Does anybody know where I can go to get a haircut for less than £30? I seen some places charge £45!
Badhairday

Re: Where can I get a haircut?

Postby Archie on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:13 am

John on South Street charges £5.50 - £8.00.
Archie

Postby FieryFairy on Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:44 pm

If you're female (or a man with a complicated hairstyle) you could try Dynamic Hair on South Street, that's where I usually go.
I think they're quite reasonable, and most people I know go there, I think it's about £13 for a dry cut, £18 for a wet cut, about £25 for a cut and blow dry? Don't quote me on those exactly, but I certainly think they're ok for what I want. Believe the prices are up on the window anyway.

Hope that helps! :)
FieryFairy

Postby wild_quinine on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:45 am

Archie wrote:John on South Street charges £5.50 - £8.00.

Barber John is an institution. Glad to hear he's still rocking those cuts.
wild_quinine

Postby lost_eden on Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:36 pm

FieryFairy wrote:If you're... ...a man with a complicated hairstyle you could try Dynamic Hair on South Street

I wouldn't say you need a 'complicated hairstyle' to go to them. I've used them many times & my hair is about as simple & boring as it can be & I've often been in there when other men have come in for a simple short back-&-sides or buzz cut. Don't think I've ever paid more than £11, but I think it depends who you get (the more qualified members of staff cost more than the younger ones who have only just gotten their HND or whatever it is).
lost_eden

Return to Advice Please!