Home

TheSinner.net

Auction House Help?

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Auction House Help?

Postby Akitla on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:57 pm

This is really random, but can someone who knows please explain how the auction house works? What days is it open? How does one go about bidding? Must you pay in cash only? Someone suggested I go there to look for some things I needed, and I wondered if anyone knew how it was done. Thanks!
Akitla

Re: Auction House Help?

Postby LoopyLou on Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:35 pm

I'm not sure when exactly, but it's open every two weeks. The viewings are on the Wednesday and the the actual auction on the Thursday and Friday.

I'm not sure about the rest though, I'm afraid. Best thing to do is go have a look and ask. It's located behind the post office centre on the way up to Aldi. Largo road, maybe? I don't know. Haha, this is really unhelpful isn't it? I am sorry. It is worth a look though!
LoopyLou

Postby guest on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:56 pm

If you check the Citizen newspaper, they are called MacGregor's auction house and they put a box ad in the classifieds every two weeks when the auction is on. You can go during the day on a wednesday to view items. They auction small items on a Thursday and furniture etc on a Friday. You can either bid in person, or simply write your highest bids on a form you collect from the desk and they will follow your bids from the paper. You can call to check later if you won any auctions.

You do pay in cash but you only pay when you are picking up your items to take them away. You have to pick them up by the tuesday following the auction. The place is on Tom Morris Drive. You can phone 01334 472431 to find out auction days too.

Also, for other items you need, you could try the listings on Dundee.gumtree.com for things in the local area. You can also get lovely vintage items in Rummage on South Street, near the westport arch. :)

Postby Kegrad on Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:27 am

According to the Citizen, viewing was yesterday (29th Sept) for sales today and tomorrow. So next one in two weeks time then.
Kegrad

Postby Akitla on Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Thank you for all of the help, guys! I figured it out, and I got myself a shoddy bike, too! :D
Akitla

Return to Advice Please!