Home

TheSinner.net

Censorship

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

Censorship

Postby u13sk4 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:28 pm

It seems its not allowed to name certain people on this website, I believe that the internet was supposed to be free of censorship, maybe there should be a website dedicated to naming female students maybe called Natalie Carla P-something who showed a total disregard to decency and are so inconsiderate they cost landlords well needed income and blacklisting them for the future.

Just think, If it was not for this person, someone else who visited my property who really needed a cheap place to stay could have had a room, instead of having to go elsewhere and pay more, getting themselves into more debt.

Maybe if it was for this person my rent would not be going up by 10% next year and i would also not be demanding a large deposit to cover bad tenants who do not turn up when agreed.

It probably is my fault for being to easy going and treating students with respect as decent human beings, Well, I have been shown by miss Natalie Carla P- that is not the case
u13sk4

Re: Censorship

Postby fluffy on Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:50 pm

To me, this seems out of order.

To slander someone in a public forum, who may not know about it, and who may not get an opportunity to defend themselves, seems like playground bullying.

This person may have pissed you off, but to slag them off in such a public manner seems like something a child in my class may choose to do, not a grown up.

Grow up.
dev ksereis, alla eimai trella erotebmevei mazi sou..
fluffy

Postby donpablo on Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:56 pm

Wow passive agressive much? No wonder she didnt want your stupid room.

She was under no obligation at all to take it so maybe next time get a deposit upfront you utter fool and then get a clue about how the system works.

Im sure other people like myself are getting a lot of enjoyment out of your self induced misery. You seem to deserve it, so go cry about it somewhere else.
donpablo

Postby u13sk4 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:10 pm

Contrary to your halfwitted responses fluffy and donpablo, making comments when you do not have the facts, the person knows about this and was probably responsible for getting the first post removed, If she had given a quick call at the beginning of september to say sorry I cannot take your room after all it would have not been a problem (I called and text around the 23rd but no reply)

If you are not aware a verbal agreement is binding in the eyes of the law and she agreed to take the room and then renegned on the agreement, I want everyone to know how untrustworty she is, People like this get away with things like all the time and you must agree thats wrong, and they ruin it for other people, Only a in-considerate person would leave someone in the lurch. If you are teaching this to your children god help them as they grow up.

Just to let you know, I am actually glad about your interest in this thread because as long as people like you comment on it, it will be here, If you had not, it would have disappeared quickly and I think people should be accountable for their actions. I hope this thread causes her the embarressment that she should feel anyway.

So. Many thanks to you both
u13sk4

Postby wild_quinine on Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:24 pm

u13sk4 wrote:Contrary to your halfwitted responses fluffy and donpablo, making comments when you do not have the facts...

This is your thread, which you created to get your point across. If we don't have the facts, it's because you haven't given them.

Going on what you have presented us with, and in particular the petulant way that you've presented it, I think it's reasonable to assume that:

1) An inconsiderate person has left you in the lurch.

2) You would make a terrible landlord.

I think that more people on this forum will care about number 2, which is the only one of those things that will materially affect you from here on.

Nobody except you and a few other potential landlords cares about how you got shafted. I do sympathise, don't get me wrong, but only up to the point that you start being a dick about things, and then I kind of just think 'well, shit happens'.

But now what I know is that, were I to take up lodgings with you, you'd be unreasonable and illogical if we ever came to a disagreement somewhere, and that's not what I look for in a landlord.

Bad call, brother. You could have handled this so much better.

u13sk4 wrote:Just to let you know, I am actually glad about your interest in this thread because as long as people like you comment on it, it will be here, If you had not, it would have disappeared quickly and I think people should be accountable for their actions. I hope this thread causes her the embarressment that she should feel anyway.

And this is why you should look both ways before crossing Irony Street.
wild_quinine

Postby fluffy on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:58 pm

u13sk4 - don't call me half witted when you can't write a grammatically correct post, or even spell basic vocabulary correctly.

You are behaving like a spoiled child - people don't react to your post as you would like them to, so you resort to mud flinging and name calling. Oh dear. That's hardly grown up. If you spoke to the girl who chose not to live in your house in a similar manner, I can understand why she would not feel comfortable taking up the lease.

Yes, a verbal contract may be considered legally binding, but it's very hard to prove she made it, unless you took a recording. It's her word against yours (and if she is able to communicate in a mature and sensible manner, then she is already one up on you).

This all seems rather sad and pathetic now. I pity you.
dev ksereis, alla eimai trella erotebmevei mazi sou..
fluffy

Postby Guest on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:12 pm

So...

Do you have a room available? Because I am looking.

Thanks.

Postby Archie on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:51 am

u13sk4 wrote:Contrary to your halfwitted responses fluffy and donpablo, making comments when you do not have the facts, the person knows about this and was probably responsible for getting the first post removed, If she had given a quick call at the beginning of september to say sorry I cannot take your room after all it would have not been a problem (I called and text around the 23rd but no reply)

If you are not aware a verbal agreement is binding in the eyes of the law and she agreed to take the room and then renegned on the agreement, I want everyone to know how untrustworty she is, People like this get away with things like all the time and you must agree thats wrong, and they ruin it for other people, Only a in-considerate person would leave someone in the lurch. If you are teaching this to your children god help them as they grow up.

Just to let you know, I am actually glad about your interest in this thread because as long as people like you comment on it, it will be here, If you had not, it would have disappeared quickly and I think people should be accountable for their actions. I hope this thread causes her the embarressment that she should feel anyway.

So. Many thanks to you both

You have made your point across several threads now. Can I ask what you hope to gain by keeping this going? The young lady in question will have grounds to make a complaint against you regarding harassment, and possibly libel as well, if you continue in this manner.
Archie

Postby u13sk4 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:43 pm

Many thanks for your remarks, The only point of this thread was to hi-light that some people are not very decent people, not particulary the person in question but its because of this type of person that rents and demands on student tenants have risen considerably over the past few years, remember, not all st andrews students have rich mummy and daddy, some have budgets to adhere to.

I only reacted to your comments as you both made assumptions based on no facts and probably know the person in question and so replied with obvious venom. If it had not been for that I would have left it alone.

I have the text on my mobile from her in August letting me know my efforts in decorating and buying all new furniture for her room was appreciated and she was getting exited about coming to stay here.

I have students returning year after year, so i must be doing something right.

I may not be the most academic minded, but i own a house is st andrews, not bad for an illiterate.

Many thanks for your comments but i am now bored with this thread, so i take my leave of you all.

Hugs and kisses
u13sk4

Postby Guest on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:03 pm

I only reacted to your comments as you both made assumptions based on no facts and probably know the person in question and so replied with obvious venom.

I think you should seek professional help. I'm not joking.

Postby jollytiddlywink on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:59 pm

u13sk4 wrote:...some people are not very decent people, not particulary the person in question but its because of this type of person that rents and demands on student tenants have risen considerably over the past few years, remember, not all st andrews students have rich mummy and daddy, some have budgets to adhere to.

Just where do you get off, exactly? I once had a landlord in St Andrews string me along, having offered me housing, given me a tour of the place, etc... and then I lost all contact with them. Left messages, put a letter through the postbox, etc. Nothing. Left me in the lurch. Did I write a spiteful bitch-fest of a post on the sinner? No. I told myself it was better to have dodged the bullet early and moved on.
And thank you so much for reminding us that some of us have budgets to adhere to. As if we don't know that already, as we are the ones adhering to those budgets!
And don't go suggesting that the exorbitant rents in St Andrews are all down to this one person, or even a type of person. No, I take that back. A type of person is to blame for the high rents. Landlords set the rents.

u13sk4 wrote:...you both made assumptions based on no facts and probably know the person in question and so replied with obvious venom.
And speaking of making assumptions based on no facts...
jollytiddlywink

Postby Fawksie on Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:54 am

Don't feed the troll :D
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Return to Advice Please!