Home

TheSinner.net

iphone 4 reception in st andrews

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

iphone 4 reception in st andrews

Postby healyal on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:49 pm

I am currently living in Edinburgh and will be moving to St Andrews in April. I am getting a Iphone4 and am wondering what network is best for reception in St Andrews. I got the phone previously on 3, but found the reception to be hopeless and returned it. Do not want to get one and find I have no reception in St Andrews. I have seen loads of mixed reviews about mobile coverage in St Andrews, but have found this can differ a lot for the iphone, so I am looking for peoples experiences with different networks on the iphone? also currently I am swaying towards tmobile based on their deal.
healyal

Re: iphone 4 reception in st andrews

Postby healyal on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:06 am

sorry meant to say, I am swaying towards Orange
healyal

Postby Guest on Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:20 pm

My housemate has an iPhone 4 on orange and gets full coverage for 3g and normal network. o2 are also good for my htc smartphone, i guess they'd both need the same sort of coverage.

It's pretty unusual to walk down the street in st andrews without seeing someone with an iphone or blackberry, so i wouldn't worry about coverage too much! except 3, everyone i know on 3 complains about coverage no matter what phone they have.

Postby ajg75 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:29 pm

I've had my iPhone 4 on Vodafone for about 4 months now and never had any issues with it in St Andrews. In fact the only issue I've ever had with Vodafone signal in St Andrews is when they decide to work on the mast and then the entire signal went down for a couple of days. That and the new medical building being a dead zone for any phone not on 02.
“If we are going to teach creation science as an alternative to evolution, then we should also teach the stork theory as an alternative to biological reproduction”
http://biology.st-andrews.ac.uk/staff/ajg75.htm
ajg75

Postby Hennessy on Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:19 pm

I wouldn't worry about. St Andrews actually has the exact combination of young white middle class people/boutique coffee shops/liberal bias to sustain good reception for an iphone. Steve Jobs is like a god here.
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Postby jollytiddlywink on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:06 pm

Hennessy wrote:...St Andrews actually has the exact combination of young white middle class people/boutique coffee shops/liberal bias ...

Reality has a well-known liberal bias.
jollytiddlywink

Return to Advice Please!