Home

TheSinner.net

advice on a rude call received from st andrews

If you're panicking about anything, ask your question here and someone will be happy to help. For more serious issues you'd rather discuss in confidence, visit Student Support Services.

advice on a rude call received from st andrews

Postby JD1 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:25 pm

i just received a call from st andrews.

i graduated many years ago. normally once every year or two years you get a call from st andrews asking to catch up with what you've been doing since leaving university. usually this call's made in the evening, for me it's about 8pm.

the girl who called me over the phone was very, very rude. i dialled 1471 to try and trace the number so i could call back and set them straight, but the number's withheld. i want to call back to find out who she was so she could apologise to me because frankly i cannot believe how she behaved toward me. and she said she was a student too.

advice please? does anyone know of this phonathon operation to alumni (2nd march). i like to know who to contact, please.

cheers
JD1

Re: advice on a rude call received from st andrews

Postby Jaella on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:02 am

Maybe you should try calling/writing to Alumni Relations Office?

Alumni Relations Office
Crawford Building
91 North Street
KY16 9AJ
+44 (0)1334 467194
alumnus@st-andrews.ac.uk

http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/alumni/Events/
Jaella

Re: advice on a rude call received from st andrews

Postby Hennessy on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:42 pm

What did she say to so offend you O nobilis et terribilis graduate? Did she malign your humble workplace experience or your lack of ambition? Did she offend the soaring privilege of your chosen career as a part-time call centre worker/musician/JSA recipient? Do tell, jokes aside I am genuinely curious as to what happened.
The Sinner.
"Apologies in advance for pedantry."
Hennessy

Return to Advice Please!